cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 5D Mark4 leaving green band on bottom of image at higher ISO

wiltser
Apprentice

Hi

I have started noticing clear green banding about 10 percent of the image at the bottom of some of my images when I shoot at higher ISO's Latest ISO's were 800 and 2000. Any Idea how to fix it or would it be a camera issue? The photo  was lightened up quite a bit to be able to see it in the link.

Thanks

https://www.flickr.com/photos/128404013@N08/52238298749/in/datetaken-public/ 

7 REPLIES 7

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

I looked at the image of the bridge and did not see banding.  I guess there was too much green grass in that part of the image.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

That first looks like a sensor issue, to me.  But, the band in the second image looks completely different from the first image.  If you are not using filters, then I would send the camera in for service.  But, before you do, try different memory cards that have been formatted in the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

wiltser
Apprentice

My firmware is 1.0.4  

I see there is a upgrade to 1.3.3

It seems most of the time when I upgrade things I end up with more issues than I had before the upgrade. Willing to try it if it might help.

You an try the banding feature in AnotherRawTherapee.

Solved this sample https://www.reddit.com/r/canon/comments/6qmf7e/green_band_fixedpattern_noise_in_photos_with/

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Something looks amiss in the first three images. First I would be sure to get all the images you want off the card and then format the card. If that doesn’t resolve the issue you may need to have the camera serviced. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

wiltser
Apprentice

I set the long exposure noise reduction in the settings where it was not set before and the green bar on the bottom is gone but there is some light green and yellow horizontal banding through out a really dark shot brightened in photoshop shooting at 3200 ISO. Thinking that just might be from over exposing a really dark shot. I will experiment more with that setting on and see what happens. I did talk to Canon and they said send it in and they would look it over. They did say my camera was probably a grey one not made for the US which bummed me a bit. The serial number did not match the camera. I bought it used back in 2018. 

Announcements