cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon 1100D Night problem

NokiaN93
Apprentice

I'm newbie in Professional world

I bought Canon Eos 1100D - i know it is for begginner - and i started to learn about it is feautures and photography concept

But when i took photos in a dark room or in the night , there is something very wrong in it !!

CAn you please adive me how and what to do , to take good night shots!

thanx in advance

5 REPLIES 5

Put your flash in manual mode until you've had a chance to learn how ETTL mode works. If you are a newbie, it does NOT work the way you think it does.

I'm just guessing at the root of your problem, of course, since you provided no information about the actual symptoms you're seeing. But I think it's a good guess.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

TCampbell
Elite
Elite
What camera mode and settings are you using for these night shots?

Do you use a tripod?

Are you photographing a close subject (e.g. A person) using flash?

What sort of night shots are these? (E.g. A city scene? A starry sky? Etc.)

A sample image (or two) can really help us understand what you are trying to achieve a likely identify your problem. If you do post sample images, it is very important to include the settings that you used for those shots.
Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It is simple.  There is not enough light.  You need more light and it makes little difference how.

Give us more details.  The more the better and a sample photo is better yet.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

@ebiggs1 wrote:

It is simple.  There is not enough light.  You need more light and it makes little difference how.

A corollary to this is that if your camera is not moving (e.g. on a tripod) and the subject is not moving (e.g. a landscape, cityscape, etc.) then there is always enough light.  The photons are there... you just have to give the camera time to collect enough of them.

Tim Campbell
5D III, 5D IV, 60Da

TCampbell wrote:

ebiggs1 wrote:

A corollary to this is that if your camera is not moving (e.g. on a tripod) and the subject is not moving (e.g. a landscape, cityscape, etc.) then there is always enough light.  The photons are there... you just have to give the camera time to collect enough of them. 

That's just another way of saying that given enough time, you can make a nighttime scene look like a daytime scene. Of course the objective is often more subtle than that.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA
Announcements