cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cano EOS RP - No beep when focusing through viewfinder ....read on

Johnny-Angel
Contributor

Hi Guy’s,

I have a Canon EOS RP. I can focus through the viewfinder but cannot get the beep to sound. It will however focus and beep through the lcd monitor.

Does anyone have advice on how to sort out this problem (if it can be sorted out!?)

Regards,

Johnny

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thanks for the info Trevor,

I decided to reset the camera back to factory settings and this worked!! 

Regards,

Johnny

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

Hi again:

Is it possible the camera is working in silent mode, as per P89 of the Advanced User Guide?

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Johnny-Angel
Contributor

Hi Trevor,

Thank you for your reply,

I am shooting in av mode. I believe you can have a silent shutter in scn mode.

Regards,

Johnny

Hi Johnny:

Silent shutter is different from getting a focusing beep.  Silent shutter is about using electronic shutter to eliminate mechanical noise.  In  your original post you said "I can focus through the viewfinder but cannot get the beep to sound"  that is a totally different issue, hence my reference to the manual feature that governs that.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thanks for the info Trevor,

I decided to reset the camera back to factory settings and this worked!! 

Regards,

Johnny

Announcements