cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon T3I

Jasonx
Apprentice
I have a cannon T3I and its not recording any audio when im recording a video. I take out the SD card and put it the computer and there is still NO SOUND. But when i go it setting it shows me that the mic is active when i make a sound the light will show tje range of sounds. What im i to do inorder to correct this?
5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@Jasonx wrote:
I have a cannon T3I and its not recording any audio when im recording a video. I take out the SD card and put it the computer and there is still NO SOUND. But when i go it setting it shows me that the mic is active when i make a sound the light will show tje range of sounds. What im i to do inorder to correct this?

With camera in video mode, check the video menus.  The camera allows for external microphone to be used.  Seeing how you do not seem to be using an external microphone, if your camera is looking for an external microphone and not finding one, that could explain why it records video without any audio.  Of course, the problem could be something else entirely different, but looking for an external microphone when one is not available is just one possibility.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

What happens if you playback the video on the camera?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Richard
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Jasonx,

It sounds like the the "Sound recording" menu options may be turned off. If this is the case, your camera won't record sound.

To check for this, switch your camera's MODE Dial to "Movie", then press the MENU button. Choose Movie #2 (movie camera icon with 2 dots) tab, then scroll down to "Sound recording".

If menu option is set to "Disable" or "Manual", I recommend pressing the SET button. On the next screen, choose "Auto". If you choose the "Manual" setting, please ensure that it's adjusted high enough to record the audio in your movies. This process is more completely described and illustrated, beginning on page 160 of the EOS Rebel T3i Instruction Manual.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Jasonx
Apprentice
Not getting any sound playback on the camara or on the laptop when i insert the memory card in it. But when i go on the menu i see the mic is active when i make a sound

Hi Jasonx,

For additional assistance with this, I recommend contacting our technical support team.  For contact options, please click here.

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.
Announcements