cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannon Eos Rebel T7i Cannot Playback Image

Ruchita332
Apprentice

Hello Team,

When I click a picture from my cannon T7i it gives me a preview for few seconds and few moments later there is just a question mark "?" and it says "Cannot Play back image". I tried transferring the pictures to my laptop I noticed that there were in cr2 and jpg format and no thumbnail. When I tried opening it in my laptop it says, "It appears that we don't support this file format."  Raw Image Extension is already installed in my laptop. Nothing is working.

Please help. This camera contains wedding photos of my friend and are very important.

8 REPLIES 8

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Download Canon DPP4 and use it to try and open the files.

Screenshot 2022-05-30 194416.jpg

But, it sounds like the card may be corrupt if W10 won't read it.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you for your response. I tried downloading but it doesn't help.

There are old photos on the same memory card that reads fine. Even the first 10 photos clicked on the same wedding day are fine too. Only the later ones just displays a question mark.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Do you have another card so you can check if the problem is with the camera or the card?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

I don't have extra memory card. But I deleted all the photos (format ) from the card (after I saved them in my laptop) and tried clicking new photos. All those new photos were saved  and could be displayed. It seems the memory card and the camera is working fine.

That’s good. But, I recommend you discard that card and get a new one. Cards are cheap; some images are of priceless memories. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Ruchita332
Apprentice

All these photos were clicked on same day same time. First few has thumbnails, full details and can be opened. later ones has no thumbnails and cannot be opened. It says either file format not supported or Invalid Image.

Screenshot 2022-05-30 201513.jpg

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi Ruchita332,

Thanks for checking in with us.

I wonder if some of those images were shot on a different camera. As you may know, RAW files are specific to the camera, so your photo viewer or editor needs to have not just RAW support in general, but RAW support specifically for the camera in question.

The screenshot you shared seems to be from a Windows folder, rather than from Digital Photo Professional. Can you confirm that you're seeing similar results when you view in the latest version of DPP4?

You can get it from the download page for the EOS Rebel T7i:
https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support/details/cameras/eos-dslr-and-mirrorless-ca...

In case the link doesn't work, try to copy and paste it into your web browser.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

IMHO, those photos are lost. You should have not formatted the SD card as most SD makers have recovery software that can retrieve corrupted files. If DPP4 is not showing anything from the file (photos) I am afraid that is a real bad thing. You might contact the SD maker and see if, at this point any recovery software might be of help.

Tell them exactly what you did and have done.  They still may be able to help but for certain do not use that SD card again. Also do not do anything else to it unless its maker instructs you to. For instance Sandisk has SanDisk RescuePRO. Other makers have their own, too.  I don't know if it works on a Windows folder but it might.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements