cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't register 90D body

skinner1215
Apprentice

Hi. I've been able to register all my Canon products except my 90D body (though I was able to register the included lens). I keep getting this message:

"The serial number you have entered is invalid for one or more of the following reasons:

1) The serial number does not match the product you have selected (FCC ID which starts with “AZD” is often mistaken for serial number.)
2) The serial number entered indicates this product was not intended for sale in the United States and is ineligible for registration and support in the U.S."

I bought the camera new from B&H Photo, so I have no reason to believe it's anything other than a genuine USA market body. Any help would be great. Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You should contact B&H. They do sell grey market products.

Screenshot 2022-12-27 080133.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

You should contact B&H. They do sell grey market products.

Screenshot 2022-12-27 080133.jpg

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

After looking VERY closely at my order, I saw that it only included a one year B&H warranty. No where else did it indicate it was a gray market body. The price was the full MSRP, so I didn't even get a gray market discount. I expected better from B&H. I am... displeased. But thank you for your help.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Very possible to buy a USA lens and a non-USA body. Call B&H and tell them you screwed up and want a Canon USA product. Sometimes the cheapest price is not the best deal..Next time read the fine print! 

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements