cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get my old Canon 350D to connect with my new Macbook

RobertTacchini
Apprentice

Hey, I have the problem that I can not connect my old camera ie a Canon 350D or as it says on the camera a Canon Kiss Digital N. I have the latest of the latest MacBook and therefore I can't find Canon Utility which supports my MacBook Air M2 for this camera. When I connect my camera I put the USB-A cable into a USB Hub where it then converts it to USB-C which fits my Mac. But the problem is that it does not register the camera when it is connected. Have tried looking inside iPhoto and Image Transfer but the camera has not been detected

So can someone help me out, so I can see my pictures on my Macbook.

6 REPLIES 6

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Check that your camera is set to PC Connection. 

15F6EC30-82B7-43A4-9CD7-79FC747DC107.jpeg
If that doesn’t work then you will probably need to use a card reader. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

Hey, turning the PC connection on do not work. It can only get it to work on a Windows 10 pc.

I also tried a Windows 11 pc and the camera will not show the picture but it will connect 

schultzm
Apprentice

Is there an update on this. I have inherited a 350d which is great because I have a suite of EF lenses.  But I cannot see the camera on my MacBook M1 with OS13

I suggest you just use a card reader. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, M200, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, Lr Classic

schultzm
Apprentice

thanks. that's the same as the reply you wrote above, which I had already read. However, I was looking for a way to connect the camera to the computer and see it on the computer. 

royce
Apprentice

Hey, I found your posting looking for solutions myself. I opened up Photos on my Mac and the camera showed up under Devices. It took a minute for the photos to load but eventually, they did. 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements