cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't get T7I and Camera Connect to work

mwr
Contributor

I'm trying to connect my android phone (Android 8.0.0) to my T7i using the Canon Camera Connect app. The phone shows the correct camera SSID in the listof networks, but when I try to connect to that camera network I see "Internet may not be available" although it supposedly connects to that network. But the camera never changes from "Waiting to connect". I've attached images (1) from the phone showing the camera as the current network but with the warning message, (2) from the phone showing the (supposed) connection to the camera network and (3) the camera saying that it's still waiting on a connection.DSC02425_DxO_800w.jpgDSC02423_DxO_800w.jpgDSC02424_DxO_800w.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mwr
Contributor
It now works fine. I "started over" with everything, based on suggestions I received on dpreview and that worked.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings.,

This might help:

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/4/0300026124/01/eos-rebelt7i-800d-wff-im-en.pdf

See page 25.  It should work under Android Oreo. (Your OS)

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thanks! However, on page 22 of that manual, where it says to select "Paring" , on my camera "Pairng" is disabled. Is that a clue??

@mwr wrote:

Thanks! However, on page 22 of that manual, where it says to select "Paring" , on my camera "Pairng" is disabled. Is that a clue??

It might be.  

Can you connect via Bluetooth?  Bluetooth can automate the Wi-Fi connection process.  Also, be sure to use the default camera name, do not rename it until you establish a connection.  

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

The "Pairing" that was disabled was a part of the section on "Establishing a Bluetooth Connection", so I guess the answer is that I didin't get a Bluetooth Connection established.

@mwr wrote:

The "Pairing" that was disabled was a part of the section on "Establishing a Bluetooth Connection", so I guess the answer is that I didin't get a Bluetooth Connection established.

Was the phone looking for a Bluetooth connection, too?  It would need be to connect to the camera.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

>Was the phone looking for a Bluetooth connection, too? It would need be to connect to the camera.<

I have no idea. I was just following the instruction step by step.

When you tap the network name in the phone's wireless settings, it will probably ask you for a password.

The wireless connection on the screen of your camera should give you one on the same screen that lists the SSID name.

Steve Thomas

>When you tap the network name in the phone's wireless settings, it will probably ask you for a password.<

No, it doesn't ask for a password.

mwr
Contributor
It now works fine. I "started over" with everything, based on suggestions I received on dpreview and that worked.
Announcements