cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't download photos

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Here's the info: Canon T7, San Disk Ultra 32GB (not locked), Lenovo laptop with Windows 11, Firefox browser. Hope that is enough. I have had this problem for about a week. The photos show up on the screen on the camera. I insert the card into the slot on the laptop. I get the "ding" and the screen pops up. After that, nothing but a blank screen for photos. I did this yesterday and let it "sit" for at least a half hour to see if it resurrected. Nothing. Never had this trouble before. Have downloaded loads of photos with this card. Any and all suggestions are welcome.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
3 REPLIES 3

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Try using a USB cord to get the images to the computer, and then reformat the card in the camera to continue using the reader.

Stephen

Have you tried direct download with a standard USB cable? The driver for your card reader could have gotten corrupted, or worst case, it could have just died altogether. 
You might double-check to see if there are any Windows Updates that might help. Barring that, the next thing (and what I would do) is to get a small card reader. This one is very much like the one I have - it has both common USB ports, and micro & standard SD card slots & it's about $20 on Amazon:

Stephen_2-1724090142960.png

normadel
Authority
Authority

What "screen" pops up when you insert the card in the computer? Are you using EOS Utility?

The card should appear in Windows File Manager as a drive. Does it?  If not, your internal card reader is suspect. Try reading other SD cards. If it DOES appear as a drive, open it, open the DCIM folder. Your photo files are there. Move them to the computer.

You DO NOT need EOS Utility to get photos from the memory card to the camera. It just complicates things, in my view. Just use a USB cable to connect camera to computer, or use an external or computer's internal card reader.

Announcements