cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS R5 How to use Auto ISO in Manual

JulesTX
Apprentice

This used to work, but now it has stopped.  How can I set my R5 shooting in manual to use auto ISO?  Also, happening at the same time, I cannot use the exposure compensation.  Any help would be appreciated.  Manual doesn't help much.

3 REPLIES 3

March411
Rising Star

It will clear the balance of your camera setting but have you tried a factory reset?

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

90D ~ 5D Mk IV ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

JulesTX,c

In Manual, ISO is the only thing that an be compensated. If you don't have any ISO, you wouldn't be able to have the camera adjust anything.

When you say the ISO "stopped", what do you mean? Does your camera have a dedicated ISO button?

Steve Thomas

March411
Rising Star

I hope I read the OP's original thread and title correctly Steve. My interpretation was that he/she is shooting in manual, setting aperture and shutter speed and the ISO to Auto. Now in manual mode with the ISO set to auto it stopped self adjusting as it did in the past.

But I made some assumptions, I may be wrong.

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!
Accuracy of statement is one of the first elements of truth; inaccuracy is a near kin to falsehood. - Tryon Edwards

90D ~ 5D Mk IV ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery
Announcements