cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera Window not recognizing camera

bryding
Apprentice

I have had an EOS Rebel for a number of years and have had no problem downloading photos. I recently added the software for a Canon PowerShot SX260 HS. When I tried today to download photos from my EOS I received the message that the Camera Window is not compatable with the camera. Any suggestions as to the problem and how it can be corrected? Thanks

Bill

4 REPLIES 4

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Bill you need to supply more info:

Windows ?

Is the PowerShot SX260 HS the camera you are using? (This is the Rebel forum.)

Connecting by USB?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Apologies for the lack of clarity. I am on Windows XP. The camera from which I am trying to download the images is the EOS Rebel XT and I have it connected by USB port to the computer. I had no problems with using and downloading images until I also started using the Canon PowerShot camera. Is there a chance that the software for the PowerShot is preventing the EOS from being recognized? When I connect the EOS to the computer I get the message "CameraWindows is not compatible with detected camera" Hope this helps clarify the situation.

Thanks

I am afraid you are right. The new version of the software no longer supports a XT. Smiley Sad It is not the Power Shot.

You can still use your XT, however, by removing the CF card and use a card reader. Maybe your computer already has one.

If not they are not expensive.

I have to do the same thing, as the Canon software no longer supports my 1D and 1D Mk II. I still use both. Smiley Happy

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thanks for the information appreciate your help.
Announcements