cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cable to transfer photos from Canon EOS Rebel T7 to laptop

PhotosbyLisa
Apprentice

I would like to know what cable I need to purchase to transfer photos from my Canon EOS Rebel T7 to my laptop. Is there also a cable that would enable me to transfer the photos to my phone?

3 REPLIES 3

stevet1
Whiz
Whiz

Photosby Lisa,

To attach your camera to a computer, your T7 manual says that your camera takes a Computer Interface Cable

IFC-400PCU (1.3 m/4.3 ft. (which is 4' long)

Interface Cable IFC-200U (1.9 m/6.2 ft.) which is 6' long

Interface cable IFC 500U is 15' long

If you then want to attach one of those cables to your phone, you'll need an OTG or on the go cable. You can get one of those on Amazon. I use this method all the time.

Steve Thomas

FloridaDrafter
Authority
Authority

@PhotosbyLisa wrote:

I would like to know what cable I need to purchase to transfer photos from my Canon EOS Rebel T7 to my laptop. Is there also a cable that would enable me to transfer the photos to my phone?

First, if you are just transferring files, for your laptop I would suggest a card reader or check to see if your laptop has one built in (most do). However, if you still want to use a USB cable you will need one with a Mini USB on the camera end and USB type A or type C on the computer end (see attached image), depending on which type your laptop has. Some have a mix, but some newer laptops have all type C (like my Dell XPS). You will need to know which type your laptop uses. Canon makes the ifc-200u USB interface cable for your and other USB Mini cameras, but that is a USB type A only.

As for the phone, most use USB type C, if they have a USB port at all, and unless your phone is high end, the USB port is just for charging. My Samsung will connect to my laptop for data, but not my cameras as an external device, but that's not to say others won't.

USB Types.jpg

Newton

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

Apple makes a Lightning to USB adapter, but I don't know what apps will let you download images.

click here to view the gallery
Announcements