cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[CANON C70] Canon MXF Premiere playback issue

allves88
Apprentice

Hi, I have a Canon C70. And record almost all my work in Log 2. And edit it on my Premiere Beta Version. Never had any problem editing MXF files. Never make any proxy. Since april 2024, my MXF are playing kinda of slow. It plays well, but sometimes it gets slow. Never had his problem before. All MXF files play very well in my Premiere.

How I record my MXF files:

Canon Log 2

XF-AVC YCC422 10bit

3840x2160 Long GOP

Frame Rate 23,98P

Nomal Recording mode

Firmware: 1.0.7.1

Now my computer set up:

Imac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2020

Intel Core i9-10900K 3.70GHz

AMD Radeon RX Vega 56 8 GB

32 GB 2133 MHz DDR4

Sonoma 14.4.1

Adobe Premiere Pro Beta Version 24.6.0 BETA (Build 30)

Does anybody know why my playback is slow?

Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2

John_Q
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hello allves88,

I do not see any indication in the camera settings that tell why specifically you are experiencing that "slow down" in playing your footage back. I would suggest giving Adobe a call for further assistance. They can be reached at (800)-833-6687 6 AM to 5 PM PST, Monday-Friday.

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

This appears to be an issue with your software environment. Three places I'd look.  Build of your MAC OS, the version of your GPU software and your Adobe software.  If any of these components have been updated recently, one or more might coincide with the performance issue you are experiencing.  I also don't recommend running beta versions of software on a production system.  Once I was stable, I'd make one or more Time Machine back ups and only make changes to the system or hardware when planned.  If I noticed performance issues, I'd revert the system to a known good state.   If you don't have a back up, Adobe Support is your best bet as John_Q suggests.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

click here to view the gallery
Announcements