cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bulb setting in manual mode?

Clj1999
Contributor
How do you turn bulb setting on and off in the manual mode on Canon 6D? It keeps showing up and I'm not sure what I pressed to make it happen and I can't for the life of me figure out how to turn it off.
15 REPLIES 15

Perhaps did C1 or C2 mode get activated inadvertently?
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Not if he did a 'Clear ALL Settings'.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

"Clear all camera settings" is somewhat of a misnomer. Custom functions and custom shooting modes are unchanged. See pages 57 and 58 of the camera manual.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

OK, then he needs to go into 

Clear all Custom Func. (C.Fn.)    

This lets you set all these back to their defaults.

It doesn't clear the values you may have entered for AF Microadjustment, but it does set the 6D to ignore (DISABLE) them.

EB

Unfortunately this is not the problem either. It appears that the mode dial is by communicating correctly with the camera. Instead of being able to switch to any of the modes I can only switch to B, P, C1p and C2p. Canon suggests sending it in for warranty repair (I've only had the camera for two weeks) but that was only after I tried all these resets. I was secretly hoping there was a chance to fix it without sending it in.

If resetting it didn't correct it, than by all means send it to Canon Service.  That is really all you can do.

EB
Announcements