cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Built-in Intervalometer trouble

AaronD
Enthusiast

This is a trouble with my 5D IV:

When I use the built-in intervalometer in any exposure mode (that I've attempted, anyway) the "mirror-UP" setting saved in my C3 custom settings is un-done - meaning I have to enable mirror-up and save to C3 again.  Why will it not just leave my settings alone?  I've tried to avoid this by going into M instead of using the intervalometer while in a Custom mode but when I go from M back to C3 the mirror up is un-done again.

My work-around is to plug in the old-fasioned intervalometer-on-a-cord - because IT's not such a hassle as using the new built in one!

What am I doing wrong?

A

Just because I don't pose with a camera to my eye doesn't mean I'm not a dork.
4 REPLIES 4

Tim
Authority

Aaron D, 

We understand that you've run into some trouble with the timer shooting on your EOS 5D Mark IV.  At this time we are not aware of a method to circumvent this issue. 

Did this answer your question? Please click the Accept as Solution button so that others may find the answer as well.

Sounds like a firmware bug.

Bob
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania USA

This appears to be a design issue, not a bug.  My 6D Mark II has the built-in intervalometer but cannot be used with Mirror Lockup, programmed bulb exposure nor with the LENR (long exposure noise reduction) buffer.

all important features in astrophotography.   I will have to go back to the external intervalometer too.

sigh!

jim

Tim, I think this is a design shortcoming in the 6D Mark II as well.  In astrophotography it would be important for the internal intervalometer to work with:

1. mirror lockup with 2sec shutter delay
  2. programmed bulb long exposure
  3. the LENR buffer (3 exposures then 1 dark frame applied to all)

Magic Lantern Support’s 1 & 2 on the 6D Mark 1.  Would be nice for Canon to support this!!!

typical astronuse case is 100 images with 120sec exposure, mirror lockup on each with 2sec delay from lockup to exposure.  Then dark frames generated and subtracted every 3 exposures.

jim

Announcements