cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Brand new T6i keep getting a busy sign, won't let me take a picture

missmamab
Contributor

I literally just bought my canon rebel t6i... I'm a complete newb. I've watched the instructional DVD, and set everything up... Charged my battery, have my camera in the AF mode... But everytime I try to take a picture, it just says 'busy' and to press the screen to cancel it... What is going on?! Help!

18 REPLIES 18

I am getting the same problem as the person in the begining of this thread. I read the manual, reset the camera and looked at the type of card I have. My Camera just keeps saying busy. I also registered it and tried to update any firmware but there is none. The camera is very hot (temperature)Lexar Card.jpg

Heating up?  Make sure your camera is not in video mode.  Turn off Live View, too, if that is active.

Try removing the battery and switching it on, just to clear whatever task it thinks it needs to finish.  A camera reset wouldn't hurt, either, but it must be done in two steps, so check your instruction manual.  If the time and date did not reset, then you didn't fully reset the camera back to "factory defaults".

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

missmamab
Contributor
Thanks for the help! I think I might have to call. I did buy the kit from Costco, but I had to assemble everything myself and it did come with a Sandisk card.

Double check your card.  Make sure that it has been formatted by removing it from the camera, and reading it with a computer or a tablet device. 

Check the settings in your camera, too.  I'm surprised no one has suggested performing a complete reset of the camera, yet.  Try doing that, since you cannot call Canon before Monday.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

missmamab
Contributor
Thank you!!! I will try that! I'm so anxious to play with my new camera!

missmamab
Contributor
http://seventrumpet.com/reset-the-defaults-on-canon-eos-750d-eos-rebel-t6i-kiss-x8i/
I am using this step by step to try and doing a complete reset of my camera and I do not even have that option on my camera?!

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
Be sure you are in Program mode. The icon modes don't show all Menu tabs.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

missmamab
Contributor
I finally got to take a picture!!! Thank you guys for all your help! I just needed to do a complete reset!

The T6i requires no set-up.  Just put it on the green square and the lens switched to AF.  It will work.  Smiley Happy

As you learn how to use it more you can experiment with the vast amount of options it has.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements