cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue dot on my videos?

stuartwpetty
Apprentice

For a while now, there's this little blue dot on the left half of the screen whenever I'm in video mode, and it also shows up in video playback. I already confirmed that it isn't the lens, since it shows up no matter which lens I use. How can I get my camera back to normal?

(In this image, the blue dot is right near this man's elbow.)

Screen Shot 2016-06-17 at 1.57.17 PM.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Peter
Authority
Authority
Try this:

Remove lens and put lens cover on the camera. Cover the viewfinder and in Canon menu, do a manual sensor cleaning and let the camera be active för at least one minute. Repeat until the blue spot disappear.

The step after that is Canon service center.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Stephen

Hi stuartwpetty!

Welcome to the Canon Community and thank you for your post! 

So that the Community can help you better, we will need to know exactly what Canon equipment you're using, the Computer Operating System you're using (Windows Vista/7/8/10 or Mac OS), and the way you download your footage to your computer - USB or over WiFi. It's also helpful to know if the blue dot is in video before its edited, and the editing software you use (if any). 

Any other details you'd like to give will only help the Community better understand your issue!

If this is an urgent support need, please CLICK HERE to reach our friendly Technical Support Team by phone or email.

Thanks and have a great day!

Peter
Authority
Authority
Try this:

Remove lens and put lens cover on the camera. Cover the viewfinder and in Canon menu, do a manual sensor cleaning and let the camera be active för at least one minute. Repeat until the blue spot disappear.

The step after that is Canon service center.

Thank you! That did the trick!

Announcements