cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery says it’s fully charge but it isn’t

penguin19
Apprentice

Hello,

I recently bought an EOS rebel t100 for school, so I’m not a camera expert. The camera is new, I bought it not more than 20 days ago, this is the second time I charge it but first time i notice the problem. It says is fully charge but when I put it back in the camera it shows it’s only charge half way, when I try to charge it again the light is orange/yellow but immediately turns green, if I remove the battery just a few seconds from the charger it turns yellow again, but again green. What can be the problem? 

3 REPLIES 3

Nick2020
Product Expert
Product Expert

Hi penguin19,

Thanks for checking in with us.

It can take the charger a few seconds to adjust the power indicator, so try leaving the battery on the charger for a few more minutes. It might also help to let it charge for a few more hours. Then clean the metal contacts on the battery and the camera's battery casing with a lint-free lens cloth. Should problems persist, I suggest that you email us the details of your results at eosdigitalsupport@cits.canon.com and include a copy of your receipt as an attachment. We can then explore the service options available to you.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

It could be a new to you camera but it might have sit on the store shelf for a long while. It can take a battery some time to get  back to full charge so do leave it on the charger for a few hours. Even overnight.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Crews69
Contributor

@penguin19 wrote: Choice ADVANTAGE

Hello,

I recently bought an EOS rebel t100 for school, so I’m not a camera expert. The camera is new, I bought it not more than 20 days ago, this is the second time I charge it but first time i notice the problem. It says is fully charge but when I put it back in the camera it shows it’s only charge half way, when I try to charge it again the light is orange/yellow but immediately turns green, if I remove the battery just a few seconds from the charger it turns yellow again, but again green. What can be the problem? 

Clean the metal contacts on the battery and the camera's battery casing with a lint-free lens cloth.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements