cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lense

emsplawn
Contributor

Ok so maybe a stupid question but what all lenses will fit on a cannon rebel XSI? I am wanting to try a different lens. This is my current one for long range 2C00F46D-E4B0-4A89-9C34-FF4733840099.jpeg

5 REPLIES 5

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Not a stupid question, but the answer is in your camera manual.

Any lens that says EF-S or EF will fit that camera.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

Valid question. My father had all kinds of sayings, one of which covered this: "The only stupid question is the one not asked." I feel that we all learn by asking and listening. I check this community at least once a day. Not all posts are relevant for me but one can never tell when someone will ask a question and get replies that will be helpful in the future.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG

normadel
Authority
Authority

EVERY Canon EF or EF-S lens ever made will work on your Rebel.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

To carry this point a bit further almost any off brand lens like Sigma, Tokina and Tamron lenses made for Canon EF mount will work. Just make sure they are not for the new mirrorless mount or the old FD mount. If you are wanting more FL, check out one of the 150-600mm super zooms.

Avoid the really older Sigma, Tokina and Tamron lenses made for Canon EF. Their full working ability may be in question with some models although they still will mount and sorta work.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Tintype_18
Authority
Authority

FWIW, I bought the Sigma 150-600mm lens and like it. It's getting a workout this Saturday on  a trip to the mountains.

John
Canon EOS T7; EF-S 18-55mm IS; EF 28-135mm IS; EF 75-300mm; Sigma 150-600mm DG
Announcements