cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery grip for Canon 77d

secondlevel
Enthusiast
I just purchased a 77d. Because of the small battery I wanted to get a battery grip. I checked online and at the Canon store but couldn't find one! Does Canon make a grip for this model?
48 REPLIES 48

cicopo
Elite

Maybe the problem is that you are looking for the WRONG model version. Canon makes a 70D & an 80D but not a 77D.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

Canon DOES make a Canon 77d. I have one and the power battery grips i order do not fit.  what is the deal??

@gostealthman wrote:

Canon DOES make a Canon 77d. I have one and the power battery grips i order do not fit.  what is the deal??

Sounds like your dealer is not a reputable one.  I would report them to Canon, but not here in the forums.

I suggest that you send it all back for a refund, and buy a camera from an actual Canon authorized dealer.

BTW, if you have read through this thread, then you will know that Canon does not make a battery grip for the 77D or T7i, and most likely does not plan on doing so.  It should have been announced when the camera was initially announced.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Sorry if I have not read all of the prvious messages but I got the 77D and from the looks of it you can forget looking for a battery grip that can do more than power the camera with 2 batteries. There are no other contacts besides power contacts in the battery compartment. Looks like the best you can do is fire the shutter with the botton on the grip (using the supplied cable provided with the only grip I've found that fits so far).

Was freaking out about this cause I just bought the 77d thinking they would def have a battery grip. DOH!!

But after an hour of internet search I found the answer with a Travor grip model BG-1X on a famous auction web site. It has a tiny headset size male to male cable that lets you use the shutter in the vertical mode. The best case scenario given the fact that they only have 4 contacts in the battery compartment. Got my 2 new Oaroda batterys that the camera can get the remaining battery life even with the 2 batteries loaded in this grip. STOKED!

Cmon Canon, let us peasants with plastic cameras have a plastic grip to match!!!!

In theory Canon could produce a bluetooth grip that provides multiple controls. That might be one way Canon ensures nobody else can produce a battery grip with more than just shutter button with cable. I can't see them doing that though.

I bought the 77D assuming a battery grip would be available also. Surprised and disappointed about the lack of contacts inside the battery area. I had one with my old XSi that I replaced with the 77D. The grip combined with a flash rotator was great for events.

secondlevel
Enthusiast
Here is the link on the Canon website:

https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/products/details/cameras/dslr/eos-77d

The camera is sitting beside me.

Well you've got me there. It's listed as a new model & I've never heard of it until now even though I frequent several photography forums. The grip may be coming in the future.

"A skill is developed through constant practice with a passion to improve, not bought."

In actual fact that body isn't yet available on the Canon Canada (where I live) web site yet. It shows up in the list of EOS cameras but not in the E Store.

Announcements