cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autofocus quit working in LiveView on 70D

Janis70D
Apprentice

I have been using LiveView with great success on my 70D... but recently the autofocus on 1/2 depress quit working in this mode.  As soon as I lightly press on the button to take a photo it clacks instantly like it is taking a photo.  Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.  If I turn focus to manual that is working normally.

2 REPLIES 2

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Janis70D wrote:

I have been using LiveView with great success on my 70D... but recently the autofocus on 1/2 depress quit working in this mode.  As soon as I lightly press on the button to take a photo it clacks instantly like it is taking a photo.  Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't.  If I turn focus to manual that is working normally.

Sounds like you changed the LiveView focus mode to 'Quick' in the menus. This causes the camera to momentarily flip the mirror down and use the optical view finder's AF system, instead of the dual pixel AF you probably were use to.

Thank you TTMartin! Well I agree my first thought was I may have accidently changed something. Though I don't muck around in the menu's but rarely. That describes the action exactly. I thought in Live View the mirror was already down...? So are you saying the AF system in still working in this mode....? Now I will go look for this menu, unless you have the time to shortcut me to it. I will go check my book as well. Thank you Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Announcements