cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one successfully purchased refurb R7 lens kit?

KernelDelta
Contributor

I've tried 5 times these days trying to order a refurbed R7 with Rakuten plugin enabled. Every time after a few hours the order is created, it is cancelled. Are they overselling? Or the 15% cashback from Rakuten causes this? 

Anyways, I just want to see if anyone successfully ordered one? Please share your experiences. Just so anyone asks, I live in US mainland, I paid through Paypal, my mailing address and billing address are the same, I do have a valid email and US phone number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KernelDelta
Contributor

I'll stop replying this thread, since I didn't find anyone who can help me on this issue.

Let me know if there's a deal where can I get a refurb R7 for around 1050 bucks. Thank you.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

@Danfaz wrote:

Perhaps the Rakuten plug-in is messing the order up. 

Precisely Sir   👍

I didn't think it needed to be said.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'm pretty sure this is not the case since I've been using Rakuten for years and for a lot of big sites such as Samsung, Macy's, Under Armour etc. This is the first time I've ever met this issue.

Even if this is the case, Canon should be working with its IT team and try to make the Rakuten things work, rather than letting some community guy pointing this out, since it is their own decision to cooperate with Rakuten one the cashback, right? Sir. 😀

@KernelDelta wrote:

I'm pretty sure this is not the case since I've been using Rakuten for years and for a lot of big sites such as Samsung, Macy's, Under Armour etc. This is the first time I've ever met this issue.

Even if this is the case, Canon should be working with its IT team and try to make the Rakuten things work, rather than letting some community guy pointing this out, since it is their own decision to cooperate with Rakuten one the cashback, right? Sir. 😀

Just what exactly is a Rakuten plug-in, anyway.  It looks like a retailer.  Did you actually make a purchase through Canon?

8F7F65C6-77A3-4CD7-B13E-379476DA1121.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Wrong place. It is a Chrome browser plugin, which automatically enables when I am using the Canon Official Website. 

6f5c75838fc8f364e32608cef6273fc.png

. My orders are exactly on this website

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Not here to argue with you.  You've tried multiple times and still don't have an order secured.  How much is your time worth?  Canon has a stable ordering system.  I've used it many times.  I hope the purchase works out for you before the sale ends.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

6f5c75838fc8f364e32608cef6273fc.png

This is exactly what you are talking about right?

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

“ I've tried 5 times these days trying to order a refurbed R7 with Rakuten plugin enabled. Every time after a few hours the order is created, it is cancelled. Are they overselling? Or the 15% cashback from Rakuten causes this? “

I do not see this being offered on the web site.  Perhaps the offer has expired?  I do not see anything Rakuten on the regular or refurb online shopping site.

05C44932-11EE-4577-BF51-5ED42BE2A541.jpeg

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Okay, I don't think I have to explain to you how Rakuten works. If you really want to know that (which really can save you a lot of money lol), you can go to their website and take a look.

Yes, the Thanksgiving and Cybermonday offers have expired. 

Announcements