cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any one successfully purchased refurb R7 lens kit?

KernelDelta
Contributor

I've tried 5 times these days trying to order a refurbed R7 with Rakuten plugin enabled. Every time after a few hours the order is created, it is cancelled. Are they overselling? Or the 15% cashback from Rakuten causes this? 

Anyways, I just want to see if anyone successfully ordered one? Please share your experiences. Just so anyone asks, I live in US mainland, I paid through Paypal, my mailing address and billing address are the same, I do have a valid email and US phone number.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

KernelDelta
Contributor

I'll stop replying this thread, since I didn't find anyone who can help me on this issue.

Let me know if there's a deal where can I get a refurb R7 for around 1050 bucks. Thank you.

View solution in original post

27 REPLIES 27

Are you sure Rakuten works with everything. Certain stores and or manufacturers exclude discounts, coupons & cashback. My full-time job requires me to buy tools for work. Big tool companies such as Milwaukee & DeWalt just a few to name. Exclude cashback, coupons and discounts. Even small home appliances like the Ninja & the instapot are excluded. There is no way around this. So I would try ordering without using the Rakuten plug in. Stick with Canon Authorized Dealers. Also Rakuten IS NOT a Canon Authorized Dealer.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

I'm pretty sure it doesn't work with everything, but I'm pretty sure it works with Canon. See this screenshot I just took.

a1abfc4436bc84f9ab4af4f14438911.png

Also, I think you are misunderstanding how Rakuten works, like most of the dudes above. To reiterate, I did not purchase through Rakuten (since it is not a merchant, it is just a website/company/app, whatever you call it, that provides cashback of merchants). I purchased through Canon official website (which is here!), with Rakuten plugin enabled. If you still have doubt in this, you can take a look at my previous reply with a screenshot from Canon official website Order page.

I have orders generated on this website and cancelled by Canon, which is why I am asking here, the Canon community, not the Rakuten community. 🙂

I already know how Rakuten works its only a plugin. But NOT everything on Canon's online store allows discounts, coupons & cashback. I know for sure that the EOS C70 is EXCLUDED from such services like Rakuten. This maybe the case with the EOS R7 or even ALL EOS R series cameras. Just because Rakuten says it works on Canon's online store doesn't mean it works with ALL items.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

It works for all refurb products.

Did you confirm this with Canon or Rakuten. Does it work with the higher end EOS R series cameras. I've seen lower-end products that allowed discounts, cashback & coupons. But high-end products were excluded and nothing was deducted or had cashback. Rakuten would be responsible not Canon. When it comes to those services. Certain products can be excluded even though it can say works on refurbished or a new high-end camera for instance. So check with Rakuten.

-Demetrius

@KernelDelta wrote:

It works for all refurb products.

All evidence points to the contrary.  If it worked in the past, then it is no longer working today.  Canon USA has recently given their web site a significant update.

I think your plug-in is one and the same as the Rakuten online marketplace.  It seems like Rakuten wants to be something similar to Amazon.  I find it hard to believe there is no connection between your browser plug-in and this alternate online marketplace with the same name.

I suggest you try placing an order without the use of this automated web bot called Rakuten.  Canon is under no obligation to permit orders placed by web bots.  It seems like a security vulnerability, to me.

”I AM NOT A ROBOT”

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

KernelDelta
Contributor

I'll stop replying this thread, since I didn't find anyone who can help me on this issue.

Let me know if there's a deal where can I get a refurb R7 for around 1050 bucks. Thank you.

@KernelDelta wrote:

Good Luck!

The unauthorized Canon dealer “Abe’s of Main” is advertising an offer for a brand new one for under $1100 USD.  Abe’s is notorious for selling grey market products, poor customer service, and products that do not work out of the box.  

I strongly advise against Abe’s and similar unauthorized Canon resellers.  Buyer beware.   You will always get what you pay for, if not less.

Waddizzle_0-1701309827014.png

Your screenshot suggests that there are exclusions.  Canon USA does not permit factory authorized dealers to make such offers.  I doubt if Canon provided or supports the offer being displayed.

Good Luck.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements