cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adjust image quality on Canon t6

Kerbpel
Apprentice
Hello,

I cannot figure out how to adjust the image quality on my camera. I read the manual and did it for the best quality images, but it still shows blurry when I take photos. Could anyone help?

Thank you
14 REPLIES 14

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

It sounds like you need to learn some of the basics of photography.  Take a look at this series of videos from Canon USA>

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLp-znpQge8HxrllwXwn9B0Xxf1f7BQnXC 

You might to search for more YouTube videos.  Look for "Exposure Triangle" and "Depth of Field".

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

Welcome to the forum.

There could be many reasons for blurry photos. We need more information.

Set the camera to Green Square Auto, switch the lens to AF. Go outside midday and focus on a building, car or other large object.

Is the image blurry now?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

You should post a few examples, and tell us what lens(es) you have.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"I cannot figure out how to adjust the image quality on my camera."

Keep in mind the camera is just a storage device.  It doesn't make images anything.  The lens does that.  Every image is captured at full resolution and quality.  Exactly what the lens told it to do. All you can do in camera is tell it how to store the data.

"...it still shows blurry when I take photos."

You are not getting them in sharp focus for some unknown reason. That is what we need to figure out. Can you supply a sample of what you are seeing?  PLus how you set up the camera and how you took the shot?

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Kerbpel
Apprentice

94D18C31-F198-45EA-A751-3F13A232707F.jpegHello, 

thank you everyone for your responses. 

ive attached a photo of what I mean by blurry. This was taken on my t6. It wasn't like this before. Now suddenly the photos are all very pixelated. 

A7E0CC1E-6057-4D98-93D3-28E2659AF7DD.jpegsame camera, same lens, same autofocus, but the photos were much more clear earlier this spring. Now everything I take comes out pixelated. Did the camera go bad? 

Start with resetting all camera settings to original factory and clear all custom settings.

Then format your card(s) in camera.

Next try shooting an outdoor image in good daylight. Set the camera on green square A+. Not the setting to use for general photography, but it turns the camera into a point and shoot and should get a decent photo.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thank you, John. 

could you explain more on how to format the card? How do I do that? Thanks. 

Top the top one looks like JPEG artifacts. What size images are you shooting?

Announcements