cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ACK-E8 AC Power Alternative for T3i

Trea
Contributor
Hi... I need to run my T3i on AC power during an all day green screen shoot and I looked at the canon made ACK-E8 which would help me do just that for around $65. I was wondering if anyone makes a good battery grip that can also have an AC cable plugged into it and run the camera on AC power? It seems that since the grip would be plugged into the camera through the battery interface, it would be pretty simple to have that option available as well. I really would like a battery grip and I figured if I am going to drop $65 i may could find something like this for the same price or a little more in order to kill two bird with one stone. Suggestions? Thanks so much!
3 REPLIES 3

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend

The Canon grip accepts the AC adapter; it doesn't allow direct plug in of AC. Not sure about third party grips.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yeah I am looking for a grip that you can just plug an adapter directly into from the wall. Like where the grip has an input jack for AC power. I that what you meant or no?

Thats what I thought you meant. I am not aware of any grips that have that feature.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic
Announcements