cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

80D Dial Mode can only change to P,C1,C2

boblee232
Apprentice

Was there a setting or something i did wrong? When i change mode on the dial, i see the camera only changes to P,C1 and C2. i updated the firmware from 1.0.1 to 1.0.3 already. 

3 REPLIES 3

amfoto1
Authority

Do you mean the dial on the left hand shoulder of the camera can only be turned to those settings? You have to turn past A+ (green box) to go from P to the C1 or C2 settings. 

Regardless how you answer that first question, are you pressing the button in the middle of the mode dial, to release the dial locking mechanism? That's there to prevent accidentally changing the mode..

The firmware version should make no difference to these settings.

Alan Myers
San Jose, Calif., USA
"Walk softly and carry a big lens."
GEAR: 5DII, 7DII (x2), 7D(x2), EOS M5, some other cameras, various lenses & accessories
FLICKR

Yes dial on the left shoulder.

Yes to rotate the dial, I press center button to unlock it. As I rotate it I feel each bump for the modes but only P,C1 and C2 are selectable. 

What I get is: 

B -> C2 p

M -> C1 p

Av -> C1 p

Tv -> C1 p

P -> P

A+ -> P

Flash Off -> P

CA-> P

SCN -> P

Creative filters -> P

C2 -> C1 p

C1 ->  C2 p

It sounds like the rotary encoder switch that's part of the mode dial assemble has failed. Which means your camera needs to be sent to Canon for repair.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF 16-35mm F/2.8L III USM, EF 24-70mm F/2.8L II USM, EF 50 F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, EF 70-200mm F/2.8L IS III USM, 430EX III-RT, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D, Sigma 17-50mm F/2.8 EX DC OS HSM & EF 28-135mm F/3.5-5.6 IS USM

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D
Announcements