cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EOS 850D Not all of my pic are transferring from the SD card

marni330
Apprentice

I have a Canon EOS 850D and I can see about 8 more photos on the card that I knew I took, yet when I plug the SD card into the computer they arent there. Can anyone explain why that would be? There are no settings on those photos that are different from the rest.

3 REPLIES 3

jaewoosong
Rising Star
Rising Star

How do you copy the files from the SD card?  Do you manually copy from the SD card to your computer?  Or use an app to copy the photos over?  One possibility is that the other set of photos could be in another folder (i.e. 100EOS and 101EOS folders).  The copied photos could also be RAW files that the default preview app can't open by default.

-jaewoo

Rebel XT, 7D, 5Dm3, 5DmIV (current), EOS R, EOS R5 (current)

I open Photos on my Mac and it should look for any new images on the card. It's not copying them over when I upload all new images. I will try manually selecting the files from the card and moving them to a folder in photos.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

OK, use an SD reader. Open the SD like any external drive. Don't copy anything yet. Explore the SD card. You should see all files that are there.

If they show on the LCD of the camera they are there. When you find them simply copy to your computer.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements