cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7DM2 Grip Problems

Rdf254
Contributor

Have a new 7Dm2 that came with a BG-E7 grip. Shot with grip on and non of the picture turned out.  Removed the grip and shot images are perfect, grip back on poor images - dark.   Any idea of what is going on. 

10 REPLIES 10

MikeSowsun
Authority
Authority

The correct grip for a 7D Mk II is the BG-E16. I suspect that using the BG-E7 grip from the older 7D is causing your problem. 

The BG-E16 (on the left) has more electrical contacts.

5547B5AE-5736-4199-B7A2-05E075D7F861.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

Rdf254
Contributor

Sorry made a mistake - the grip i am using is a BG-E16 and that is the one that is causing the problems

@Rdf254 wrote:

Sorry made a mistake - the grip i am using is a BG-E16 and that is the one that is causing the problems

It is new.  Let Canon take a look at the grip and the camera.

Be forewarned.  Canon US normally turns repairs around in 10-14 days.  You can expect those numbers to at least double during the upcoming seasonal holidays.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

TTMartin
Authority
Authority

@Rdf254 wrote:

Have a new 7Dm2 that came with a BG-E7 grip. Shot with grip on and non of the picture turned out.  Removed the grip and shot images are perfect, grip back on poor images - dark.   Any idea of what is going on. 

Is it a genuine Canon grip? Did you buy the bundle from an authorized Canon dealer? I purchased a 'Canon' grip for my classic 7D on ebay that depite saying Canon on it was a fake.

Canon U.S.A. Inc. - Authorized Dealers Effective 12/13/17 

Purchased off ebay but from Henery's which is a very reputable Canadian dealer.

Was a store demo unit with battery door missing so they put a grip on it.

Yes batteries in property

@Rdf254 wrote:

Purchased off ebay but from Henery's which is a very reputable Canadian dealer.

Was a store demo unit with battery door missing so they put a grip on it.

The grip does not work.  The battery door is stored on the grip itself.

The store lost the door so sold the camera with a grip.  I have orderdand have the door from Canon.  Camera works perfect with door on, not with grip.

@Rdf254 wrote:

The store lost the door so sold the camera with a grip.  I have orderdand have the door from Canon.  Camera works perfect with door on, not with grip.

If you are using the button controls on the grip to take pictures, make sure that you turn the grip “ON”.  

Announcements