cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D gave me really blurry photos?

Sophós
Apprentice

Hello everyone.

I'm posting here hoping to find someone who can help me.

I recently got a 6D mark 2 to shoot my videos and it was all fine. Last night I was asked to take some photos during a meeting but I immediatly saw the lack of quality in all of them. I can't explain this absence of details even in the darkest enviroment or with the slowest shutter...

IMG_7790b.jpg

141 REPLIES 141

@AndreaW wrote:
Ignacio has a photo posted earlier in this chain. And, wrong again, I do not use the camera because I cannot trust it on shoots. I have two cameras.

i did not see any obvious "rainbow" effects, nor anything else out of the ordinary.  The exposure settings were not close to what I might have used.  I do not see anything else that jumps out as really bad in the group photo.

You have had over a year to post a sample photo to demonstrate the problem.  IMHO, there is nothing wrong with the camera. I dare you to prove me wrong.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Waddizzle, i think you need to calm down. I dont understand why you are being so aggressive, i came here with a problem and what im trying to do is providing every source of information you guys are asking me to, in order to get this solved.

Regardin you questioning my exposure settings, again, it has nothing to do with it, flash freezes very well subjects and i can even take photos at 1/6 of a second if there is no heavy lights moving towards their bodies, like in here.

I can agree with you that i would normally take faster photos of a group of people, but in this case, place was very dark and i wanted to try and catch at least a little bit of background.

What i would honestly like from you is to treat me with respect and instead of desperatly trying to prove im a bad photographer, try to understand what the problem is and provide a solution, if you are failing to do so, then please dont reply back, your comments are not helping.This photo was taken with very similar data (1/25 and f 3.5 i think it was) and theres no watercolour looking blur whatsoever. I

IMG_6562.JPG

AndreaW
Enthusiast
Maybe Ignacio has a photo to demonstrate what we are experiencing with the 6D Mark II. I keep mentioning the model of the camera because the issues we are having are specific to it and not to other models.

Thanks anyway, guys.

AndreaW
Enthusiast
It’s okay that this has you stumped as well.

Thanks anyway.

@AndreaW wrote:
It’s okay that this has you stumped as well.

Thanks anyway.

What is mystifying has been your unwillingness to demonstrate the issue.   What is mystifying is that you have had a new camera sitting around that you have not used for nearly a year, refuse to use, and have not tried to sell it.  

What this has really been all about are the links to your web site that you posted, promoting your photography business.  That is what this has been about all along.  You have fooled no one.

We should probably focus on helping folks with photography issues and not speculate on why people are here. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

We should probably focus on helping folks with photography issues and not speculate on why people are here. 

We tried and failed.  Her initial claim was that she had the same problem as the OP.  The OP did not understand DoF.  She said DoF was not her issue.  I advised her to contact Canon a year ago.  She has been uncooperative and argumentative. 

Posting those links goes against forum rules, anyway.  

AndreaW
Enthusiast
Waddizzle, let’s be clear on one thing. The purpose for my posting my web site was to demonstrate to you and everyone else who seems to believe my issue is an “end user problem” was so that you can see that I understand depth of field. That seems to be what everyone continues to go back to while ignoring the fact that I clearly (and, repeatedly) stated that I do not have this issue using my Canon 6D. The 6D Mark II does not perform well unless there is a well-lit environment.

Once again, I do not have examples to post because I destroyed the photos with the defects that Ignacio and I have been describing, and b) I no longer use this camera when I know I am going to be shooting in low-lit environments because I know what I am going to get from it.

By the way, you do not have to respond to my post. This is a camera user forum. Life is too short to be getting that worked up over someone else’s issue.

jrhoffman75
Legend
Legend
I wasn’t asking about that image. Previous statement said effect was seen in processed RAW as well as JPEG.
John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

I use lightroom. 

And when i shoot nightclubs i use jpg m size, thats why jpegs are small size. its only about an 11megapixel photo

Announcements