cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D gave me really blurry photos?

Sophós
Apprentice

Hello everyone.

I'm posting here hoping to find someone who can help me.

I recently got a 6D mark 2 to shoot my videos and it was all fine. Last night I was asked to take some photos during a meeting but I immediatly saw the lack of quality in all of them. I can't explain this absence of details even in the darkest enviroment or with the slowest shutter...

IMG_7790b.jpg

141 REPLIES 141

Is there a particular reason why you shoot J-M for those shots?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Yes, high workflow, social media requierements (instagram).

the photo is already 4 times higher than what instagrams requires. so no point making it larger.

I do raw L on weddings and more important shots like fashion, where i know there is a high chance for the photos to be printed larger or in better dpi.

@IgnacioSottano wrote:

I use lightroom. 

And when i shoot nightclubs i use jpg m size, thats why jpegs are small size. its only about an 11megapixel photo

Sorry, but that statement is complete nonsense.  

Your initial "club" photo that you posted has full 24MP jpeg resolution, not 11MP.  Yet, it has only a 2.5MB file size.  The image has been highly processed.  It has not come "straight from the camera" as you have claimed.  Your credibility is zero in my book.

Like I pointed out earlier, a straight out of the camer JPEG file is too large to post in the forums.  It HAS to be heavily processed.  That is fact, which is not open to debate.  

I call balls and strikes as I see them.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

stop making a fool of yourself.pngagain you, always trying to help the least, just please...stop commenting on this thread, you are not helping anyone. straight out of the camera

also check out the megapixel calculator if you think you are so smart, 4160 x 2178 gives a 11 mp image... jesus..you are starting to get on my nerves cuestioning everything.

@IgnacioSottano wrote:

stop making a fool of yourself.pngagain you, always trying to help the least, just please...stop commenting on this thread, you are not helping anyone. straight out of the camera

also check out the megapixel calculator if you think you are so smart, 4160 x 2178 gives a 11 mp image... jesus..you are starting to get on my nerves cuestioning everything.

Thanks, for biting the hook.  

An 11MP JPEG file is still too large to post in these forums.  The image has been processed in LR much more than what you have admitted.  This is probably why you see whatever it is you that do not like in the shadows.

[EDIT]. BTW, I have no intent on stopping to comment on this thread.  You have hijacked someone's thread, which is veery rude.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ill prove you wrong anyday you want.pngand again you are making a fool of yourself...i had no problem uploading this photo to the forum...

AndreaW
Enthusiast
Waddizzle, he did NOT hijack anyone’s thread. 🙂 Ignacio has been very patient with you, even when you threw in arrogant and snarky remarks at him. Meanwhile, you claim to have been “polite” to him. Seriously??? 🙂

The other day I decided to do a deep dive into my photo archives to see if I saved any of the photos that illustrate the issue we are having with our 6D Mark II camera. I managed to find two photos, but stopped short of posting them. Why? Because I know that all you are going to do is be critical (and, likely insulting) and question why I used particular settings.

Ignacio and I do not have an issue with the OOF areas. Our issue is why we are getting blotches or a “watercolor” effect in those areas when we never get that when using other cameras in the same setting and using the same lenses. We know how to use our equipment. By the way, the only time I can use that camera is when the entire subject is in a well-lit environment.

It is apparent this particular camera does not perform well in low-lit environments. I sometimes wonder if it has anything to do with the “touch” features. As a brand new camera I had to mail it back to Canon because the auto focus suddenly stopped working. Yes, they were able to fix it.

It seems like you enjoy helping others resolve their photography problems. That’s very nice of you. However, it also sounds like you are not on Canon’s payroll, otherwise, you would have told us by now. 🙂 My point is this. It is okay to not know the answer to this bizarre problem. Thank you anyway.

@AndreaW wrote:
Waddizzle, he did NOT hijack anyone’s thread. 🙂 Ignacio has been very patient with you, even when you threw in arrogant and snarky remarks at him. Meanwhile, you claim to have been “polite” to him. Seriously??? 🙂

The other day I decided to do a deep dive into my photo archives to see if I saved any of the photos that illustrate the issue we are having with our 6D Mark II camera. I managed to find two photos, but stopped short of posting them. Why? Because I know that all you are going to do is be critical (and, likely insulting) and question why I used particular settings.

Ignacio and I do not have an issue with the OOF areas. Our issue is why we are getting blotches or a “watercolor” effect in those areas when we never get that when using other cameras in the same setting and using the same lenses. We know how to use our equipment. By the way, the only time I can use that camera is when the entire subject is in a well-lit environment.

It is apparent this particular camera does not perform well in low-lit environments. I sometimes wonder if it has anything to do with the “touch” features. As a brand new camera I had to mail it back to Canon because the auto focus suddenly stopped working. Yes, they were able to fix it.

It seems like you enjoy helping others resolve their photography problems. That’s very nice of you. However, it also sounds like you are not on Canon’s payroll, otherwise, you would have told us by now. 🙂 My point is this. It is okay to not know the answer to this bizarre problem. Thank you anyway.

Good morning Andrea. 

This is a user supported forum. Unless a person's name says Moderator with it along with a Canon logo we are just regular people who are trying to help folks who post questions/problems on the site. 

Clearly you have no confidence in your 6D II and have done enough testing to satisfy you that what you are seeing in your images is unique to that camera. 

I don't think anyone is going to be able to help you understand what you are seeing when they don't also see it.

You have found a solution that works for you - a different camera. 

I think we should just move on. The resale value of your 6D II will probably never be higher than it is today. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Hi John,

Thank you for clarifying the support team.  But I think you may have misunderstood the issue.  I did not need help understanding what I was looking at.  Ignacio and I have the same issue which has to do with the out of focus area.  I noticed you stopped responding to him.  Is it because you do not have an answer?  The reason I ask is because this is a strange problem to have.  I was hoping someone may have been able to shed some light on what may be causing this issue.

Andrea

@AndreaW wrote:

Hi John,

Thank you for clarifying the support team.  But I think you may have misunderstood the issue.  I did not need help understanding what I was looking at.  Ignacio and I have the same issue which has to do with the out of focus area.  I noticed you stopped responding to him.  Is it because you do not have an answer?  The reason I ask is because this is a strange problem to have.  I was hoping someone may have been able to shed some light on what may be causing this issue.

Andrea

1. I fully understand the issue. You are seeing something unacceptable to you in photos taken with the 6D Mark II - a camera you say you no longer use because of that.

2. I asked for a copy of a RAW file that shows the issue so I could look into it myself - a file that hasn't been processed in camera or by you or Ignacio. That file has not been forthcoming, so I can do nothing more.

3. Other responders have said they do not see what you are speaking of - you folks say they are wrong.

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

Announcements