cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6D Mark ii Issues

Klag
Apprentice
Hello,

Has anyone had issues when plugging in an external lapel mic causing the Canon 6D Mark ii? My camera changes settings on it’s own every time I have one hooked up and press record.

I’ve been filming with my camera for a while. Never had an issue. The settings are set up properly but last week, as I’m filing a video, (while recording) the camera starts to spaz/malfunction.

It changes settings (mainly ISO) overexposing the video and opens the audio overlay settings. It then starts to make the video go out of focus (even-though auto focus is set on the camera & lens)

It only happens when I turn the mic on. I changed the battery so it’s fresh. When I un-plug the mic, it works fine. I’ve tried this on another mic made for music recording. Hooked it up properly and same thing.

That’s how I know it’s the mic. Anyone had this issue and know how to correct it? I’m out of troubleshooting ideas and have searched so many forms, videos and camera videos. I’m still at a loss.

I have updated my firmware, reset all camera settings to factory default. Made sure the battery for the camera is charged. Checked all the setting panels, re-set up all settings and still the same thing.
5 REPLIES 5

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
What mic are you using?
--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Klag
Apprentice
Omnidirectional lapel from insignia and I also tried a USB (using my computer as the power source) for Blue Microphone Yeti. I have used both with this same camera and never had an issue until now.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
Neither mic sounds correct, most especially a USB microphone.

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend
The Insignia sounds like it might be okay. I would still say no to any USB mic.

Klag
Apprentice
I’m not sure why it wouldn’t be compatible now. I’ve had the same set up 3 years prior. So weird.
Announcements