cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D Mark IV Unable to Remove Aperture Lock

Embersgame
Contributor

Hi There!

So I don't have a manual to the camera, have watched several videos, and yet, it still seems to escape me (embarrassing as this is admit) how to get my aperture selection back to the assigned dial and not have to go in manually under "Q" to adjust.  Pretty much know what aperture I want when shooting, but recently needed to change it and realized in the viewfinder I keep seeing "L" and no amount of menu searching and customizing seems to change it.  I know this is probably seriously basic stuff, however, now that I can't adjust F stop quickly (and without a manual) it's driving me crazy.  Help! Please! 

Cheers! Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Check the lock switch under the quick control dial. If locked an "L" will flash in the viewfinder along with the rear LCD screen.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

You need to check the status of the [LOCK] switch on the rear panel.

You can download an electronic PDF copy of the manuals from here.

https://www.usa.canon.com/support/p/eos-5d-mark-iv 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Awesome! Thank you!

Also, thank you for the link. I was looking into purchasing a manual, but this is so much faster. 

Cheers!

deebatman316
Elite
Elite

Check the lock switch under the quick control dial. If locked an "L" will flash in the viewfinder along with the rear LCD screen.

-Demetrius

Current Gear: EOS 5D Mark IV, EF F/2.8 Trinity, EF 50mm F/1.8 STM, EF 85mm F/1.8 USM, 470EX-AI & 600EX II-RT

Retired Gear: EOS 40D

Thank you so much! 

normadel
Authority
Authority

There's no excuse for not having the manual for a camera this complicated. Why have you not downloaded it from Canon? You can also buy the printed manual, on ebay, from UsedPhotoPro.com, and elsewhere, both the original book and printed-out in 8.5x11 size.

It's responses like this that make people hesitant to ask questions.  The next time you respond of your own choice, to someone asking for help, especially in regards to "a camera this complicated," I would urge you to be more considerate.  

I ask you to be a more-aware camera owner. 

Do you even HAVE the manual downloaded? Looking at that would be a lot faster than posting on a forum and waiting for answers, don't you think?

click here to view the gallery
Announcements