cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

5D MK IV or R6

tulonvul
Apprentice

Looking at upgrading my camera. I currently use a Canon Rebel SL2 and its been just fine but im ready to upgrade. The 2 main cameras im looking between are the 5D MK IV and the R6. I mostly shoot aviation, airshows and race cars at race tracks. Do I make the jump to the R6 (mk1 as the mk2 is out of my budget) or will the 5D be just fine for what I need. Thanks for any help and suggestions.

1 REPLY 1

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Unless you have EF lenses, you are not going to EF-S lenses with an R6mkI

Both the 5D4 and R6 are great cameras.  If you can swing it, you'll get a much longer life, better performance and return on investment going with the R6.  If you plan to use EF lenses with it, you'll need a Canon EF to EOS R adapter.  Depending on the lenses you own, I would try to sell as much of the SL2 and EF-S lenses you own to offset the capital expense of a new body, batteries, storage media.  You're going to encounter some expense with the upgrade, so I'd make it as meaningful with as much longevity as possible.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements