cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 pin connector on EOS R5

drmurguia
Apprentice

where is the 3 pin connector on canon camera eos R5?  I kneed to connect a Miops shooter. Thanks. Roberto

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

That connector is behind the cover on #24 as I referenced.  What @Atticuslake states about Interval recording being built in is true.  It wll do time lapse at what ever interval / # of images you set. Its not triggered by light however. 

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R5 : Interval Timer Shooting (start.canon)

I see the smart+ has triggers for lighting, sound and laser.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

View solution in original post

Thank you very much for your help. I was able to put it on. The problem was that I got confused
because the camera input is circular and the cable has another shape, but I managed to see the 3
pins inside the circle. Roberto

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

shadowsports_0-1656198426539.png

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Thank you very much for your help. I was able to put it on. The problem was that I got confused
because the camera input is circular and the cable has another shape, but I managed to see the 3
pins inside the circle. Roberto

Greetings,

Yes.  The notch is a "key".  As long as you confirm alignment and are gentle, you won't have any issues.  Be sure to post some shots of your fireworks and pyrotechnics for us. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

I have an R5, and I'd like to help, but I have no idea what you're asking.  "The 3 pin connector" doesn't mean anything.  There is no product called "shooter" on the MIOPS web site.

You need to be more specific about what connector you want -- is it an audio input?  A timecode output?  A remote control?  A flash trigger?  A data bus?  A power input?

Best would be if you could just tell us what you're trying to achieve.  For example, if you want to shoot a timelapse, the R5 has that built-in -- you don't need any external gadget.

drmurguia
Apprentice

Thank you very much for your answer. I am referring to the Miops Smart+ Camera trigger product, https://www.miops.com/products/smart     that I used with the Canon 80D, but in order to continue using it with my new Canon EOS R5 they recommend the C1 cable that corresponds to my new EOS R5. But when I receive the cable I can't find the right contact for the cable. The use I give the Miops is to photograph fireworks (pyrotechnics) since it triggers the camera automatically with the rays of light.  Thank you very much.  Robert

These are the pictures of the Miops. and cable C1. 

miops1.jpgmiops2.jpg

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

That connector is behind the cover on #24 as I referenced.  What @Atticuslake states about Interval recording being built in is true.  It wll do time lapse at what ever interval / # of images you set. Its not triggered by light however. 

Canon : Product Manual : EOS R5 : Interval Timer Shooting (start.canon)

I see the smart+ has triggers for lighting, sound and laser.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

And now I know what that connector is for!  I always wondered...  Yes, using the MIOPS gadget for lightning trigger looks like an interesting idea.

I actually thought Robert was looking for the 3.5mm mic input, for timecode sync or some such.

Announcements