cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 clicks needed

Enthusias_pic
Apprentice

Hi,

I hav a 6DMII from last December, and I get a new issue: I have now to click 2 times to take a picture (1st time: it starts, 2nd time: shutter noise). I'm absolutely not in bulb mode, though.

I may have changed some settings unintentionnally, but I can't figure which one. Do you have an idea?

Thanks in advance!

settings 6D.jpg

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

You are welcome!

I have never used a 6DM II but most of the Canon DSLR bodies have fairly similar menus so it is probably on the first menu tab which is the camera icon.  I just checked my 5DS and mirror lockup is in the fourth group of items of the first menu tab and one of the options under mirror lockup is press twice to shoot.

If you haven't already downloaded the PDF manual for your camera, I would do so because most Canon models don't include the complete printed manual.  My 1DX series do but I find the PDF is still more convenient than the printed version and it is text searchable which makes finding answers much faster.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

View solution in original post

Hey there,

I agree that it definitely sounds like mirror lockup is likely the culprit here. The function should be on teh fourth page of your camera's shooting menu. You can find it on page 265 of the manual down below:

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/9/0300027469/04/eos6d-mk2-im3-en.pdf

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

wq9nsc
Authority
Authority

Maybe mirror lockup?  One of the settings raises the mirror with the first button press and the second captures the image.

Rodger

EOS 1DX M3, 1DX M2, 1DX, 5DS R, M6 Mark II, 1D M2, EOS 650 (film), many lenses, XF400 video

Enthusias_pic
Apprentice
Thank you! Do you know where I can change that?
Maybe is it in the manual, I'll try to find it

You are welcome!

I have never used a 6DM II but most of the Canon DSLR bodies have fairly similar menus so it is probably on the first menu tab which is the camera icon.  I just checked my 5DS and mirror lockup is in the fourth group of items of the first menu tab and one of the options under mirror lockup is press twice to shoot.

If you haven't already downloaded the PDF manual for your camera, I would do so because most Canon models don't include the complete printed manual.  My 1DX series do but I find the PDF is still more convenient than the printed version and it is text searchable which makes finding answers much faster.

Rodger

Hey there,

I agree that it definitely sounds like mirror lockup is likely the culprit here. The function should be on teh fourth page of your camera's shooting menu. You can find it on page 265 of the manual down below:

https://gdlp01.c-wss.com/gds/9/0300027469/04/eos6d-mk2-im3-en.pdf

Enthusias_pic
Apprentice
@Mark35mmF2 and @wq9nsc : thank you so very much!
I was so worried about this issue, and you gave me the solution.
I'll download the pdf (complete, as you said, and easier to research a word)
Have a great day!
Announcements