cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 DX Mark III - Storing Images to Card while Tethered with Wire

thomasaaron
Contributor

Hello, all.

I have a 1 DX Mark III and am tethering (wired) to a MacBook Pro running Capture One.

Is there a setting somewhere that allows storage to both the card(s) AND the computer? I've seen some other camera manufacturers offer this, but I'm unable to figure it out on the 1DX Mark III.

Thank you,

Tom

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

I just wanted to follow up with the solution for this if anyone else stumbles across this thread.

In Capture One, if you click on the TETHERING tab and then on CAMERA SETTINGS, there is a SAVE TO drop-down that allows you to select "Capture One" or "Capture One + <one of your cards>.

I'm a tad embarrassed that I didn't find that before, but C1 support pointed it out, and it works just fine.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

I shoot my 1DX tethered to my laptop with Lightroom. I save to both CF cards and the laptop. If that is not an option with your setup I suggest you switch to LR.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Thank you. I definitely prefer C1 over Lightroom. But if this is a Capture One problem, then that seems like a pretty significant problem.

@thomasaaronwrote:

Thank you. I definitely prefer C1 over Lightroom. But if this is a Capture One problem, then that seems like a pretty significant problem.

I guess I am unclear why this would be a significant problem. Why would you want to store on computer and card when all you would be doing is downloading from the card anyway?

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

The camera is going to store files in one location. It is up to your tethering software whether or not to copy those files to a second location. Lightroom has the ability to Import photos at their stored location, or to copy the file to a new location and add the copy at the new location to LR Catalog.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Actually, I'm feeling pretty dense, here. And I'm sorry about that.
But the answer is still not really clear to me.

Should my 1DXIII be storing to it's own cards when tethered to Capture One?

Or are you saying that C1 is determining what that "one location" is, and it isn't my camera?

You are experiencing issues with Capture One, not the Canon camera body.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Okay, thank you. Just sent a note to C1 support to see if they have any suggestions. I appreciate your help.

I just wanted to follow up with the solution for this if anyone else stumbles across this thread.

In Capture One, if you click on the TETHERING tab and then on CAMERA SETTINGS, there is a SAVE TO drop-down that allows you to select "Capture One" or "Capture One + <one of your cards>.

I'm a tad embarrassed that I didn't find that before, but C1 support pointed it out, and it works just fine.

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

"Why would you want to store on computer and card when all you would be doing is downloading from the card anyway?"

My reason to store the photos on the laptop is, I consider that a plus since it is one more safety valve but to use the much larger laptop display for proofing at the shoot. I have found it is far better to have the students approve of their photos especially the girls than leave it up to me alone. I just about tether all my shoots where it is possible.

Everything about it is better or easier. Lighting, color, exposure focus everything. I have always used LR and had no idea you could not save to both the camera and computer. That thought never crossed my mind.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements