EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who let the cat out?

I got my old FD 500mm f8 Cat lens out for some playtime.  Of course the birds were not cooperative. So what else, shoot their house!  Catadioptic reflex telephoto mirror lenses don’t autofocus. Plus, their smaller apertures (f/8 for my 500mm) make ac...

_52D3729.jpg
ebiggs1 by Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

EF lens in place of EF-S

Ready to up grade to a new Rebel EOS T6I. Can I use my EF series lens on this camera? I know that this new camera uses EF-S series lens.

pellwel by Apprentice
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Best mid-long telephoto lens?

I have a 6D.  My telephoto lens is a 70-200 f/2.8L II and I have a Canon 2X III converter. I love the 70-200 and am pleased with my image quality but am far less happy with the results with the teleconverter. I find that 400 mm total is also a little...

We won't have the 70-300 to kick around anymore!

Canon has introduced a new 70-300 II:http://www.learn.usa.canon.com/galleries/galleries/tutorials/ef70-300-ii-usm_gallery.shtml Has new nano-crystal USM for improved AF for still and video shootersimproved ISImproved optics - now focuses a foot close...

Image Stabilizer Issue on 17mm - 55mm f/2.8 IS USM Lens

Recently my lens has made a loud whirring sound when the shutter is depressed.  The noise is combined with a very blurry, shakey view through the viewfinder.   It continues even when the shutter button is let up.  Turning off the Image Stabilizer on ...

jktpts by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon 100-400 MK ii vs third party lens.

I am a proud owner of Canon 700D (T5i) . I need a zoom for wildlife( Birding included) . I was about to purchase the Canon 100-400 MK ii when some friends opinied that I should go for the 3rd party 150-600 zooms because of the range. Also, I am plann...

eos1 by Apprentice
  • 12 replies
  • 0 likes

18-55mm alternatives

Hello all,  my name is Theo. I am not much into photography but i do use a canon 450d with a canon kit lens 18-55mm that is very much useful for shooting eyewear for my online shops.  This is my second kit lens 18-55mm which has malfuctioned. Both le...

theocy by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

55mm to 250 mm

would a 55mm to 250mm lens  work well to leave on all the time to take  normal photos as well as telephoto shots?

nan156 by Enthusiast
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

24 -105L,refurbished or what

Hi there !I use the 7DM2 and I'd like to buy the canon 24-105L. There's a  cheap option ( $599 refurbished ) from Canon store online.Have you ever tried buying there?Any advice on that ? Also I saw there is a new version coming next month. Does it me...

JOAN1976 by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

filters as protection

Good afternoon,Just out of curiosity, do you have uv filters as protective devices on all your lenses? 

irish626 by Contributor
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Why won't my Canon 400 mm prime lens focus?

Hello. I have a Canon 400 mm prime lens on a Canon Rebel camera. I am a wildlife photographer, so my camera has been used in some extreme temperatures. I have noticed lately that my camera does not always want to focus on wildlife. For instance, I wa...

AnneEM by Contributor
  • 38 replies
  • 0 likes
Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements