EF & RF Lenses
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very soft image - Canon 50mm, 1.4, USM

Hi everyone,  I own a Canon 50mm 1.4, USM lens and even though I already knew the image was a little bit soft at aperture like 1.4, 1.8 , in a recent test the image actually look terrible. I don't know if this is normal or it is because the lens is d...

_MG_8088.JPG _MG_8089.JPG
qqqavi by Contributor
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Telephoto Lens for General Sports Photgraphy

Hi - Former wedding and event videographer here, so I have a decent eye for composition etc but I'm relatively new to the world of manual settings while taking still photos. The middle school where I teach finally bought me a camera (Rebel T6) to use...

adam612 by Apprentice
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

70-200 f/4 IS VS non IS !!

Hello, Im new to photography so I need some help. I am currently taking pictures of my kids playing soccer and generic running around with a canon 75-300 / t3i but im not very impressed with the image quality. Im thinking about buying the canon 70-20...

Canon refurbished lenses

I have been keeping my eye on the Canon site for refurbished lenses. Most (that's most, not all) lenses seem to be out of stock, and it has been that way for months now. They seem to not be replenishing their supply for some reason. Nealry everything...

John_SD by Whiz
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon EF 50 mm STM + Canon 70d - no focus on infinity

Hi everyone!I've purchased lastly objective mentioned in the title. I cannot get sharp picture on infinity focus. When I'm trying to look at distant object AF simply does not give a conformation on focus and I cannot take the picture. But also on MF ...

netty_pl by Apprentice
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Resolved! NEED ADVISE BUYING A new full frame camera

Hi, all,i have a 80d with EF 100-400mm L f4.5-5.6 IS USM II and the 1.4 mk iii extender, i have read recently this lens is most suited with a full frame cameracould anyone advice me wich one to buy as there are so many models, im using it mostly for ...

240volt by Contributor
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Tamron 150-600. Pulling my hair out, not sure what to do.

I purchased a used Tamron 150-600 (1st gen) from my local dealer, a great place by all accounts. I am on very limited income so it took a while to save up enough to make this purchase. I havea Rebel T6 and I bougjht the lens to up my game with wildli...

Eagle1.jpg

Resolved! Lens suggestions for birds and wildlife.

Hi.  I'm still very much a novice at photography though I truely love it.  I shoot with a Canon 80D.  I would like to be able to get some reasonable photos of birds and wildlife, but the strongest lens I own is an EFS 55-250mm lens.  I was hoping som...

10 Stops ND filter

Hello all, I would like to buy a ND filter (stop 10 I think) for trying long-time exposure.I have a Canon EOS 100D and 3 lenses: EF 50mm f/1.8, EF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6 and EF-S 10-18 mm f/4.5-5.6. Of course, they all have different diameters... I don...

55/250 lens not working like new...

I have a 2 .5 year old T5 with a 55/250 zoom lens. I have taken about 15,000 pictures with it. I use AF and the sports setting and take pics at basketball games. I travel to the same gymnasiums every year, same lighting, same seating area. However, t...

Resolved! EF-S v EF Lens - Crop Factor (Image Conversion Factor)

Good evening, Please excuse me if this is a dumb question. If I use an EF-S lens on a camera with an APS-C sensor, does the sensor capture all that I see in the viewfinder i,e, with a ratio of 1:1? Put another way; do EF-S lenses overcome the Image C...

jrjsmith by Apprentice
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Canon 60mm 2.8

Does anyone have any experince with this lens? Is it any good? Also I’m not large on Marco so how will it do with more day to day things like landscape. Lastly how does it hold up to the 50mm

Getting started

New to the community? Here's some information to help you get acquainted:

Announcements