Contributor

are you guys stop producing Canon Eos ef-m system 
There Are some Rumours about 
My massage is don't quite it 
we have investments in this 

14 REPLIES 14

Supriyo
Contributor

are you guys will  stop producing Canon Eos ef-m system There Are some Rumours about it. My massage is don't quite it we have investments in this!!!!! 

My current device is Canon M50 mark ii 
also bring a adapter  to use the RF lense on EF-m mount 

Canon have been non-commital on the future of the EF-M mount. They apparently recently suggested that, because of its popularity, they would continue to selll EF-M models. I suspect there will be no further development of the series.

As to adapters: that is almost certainly not on the cards. The EF-M and RF lenses are physically incompatible. Frankly, there is no commercial reason for them to do so either.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

The M series is done don't be fooled. It never was a great idea especially with the very good Powershot series out there. A Powershot on steroids!

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

On June 28, 2021, Go Tokura, Chief Executive, Image Communication Business Operations at Canon in an interview with Barney Britton of DPReview the following interchange took place:

"What market are you hoping to attract in the long-term with your EOS M range of cameras?

EOS M series cameras are popular with users who prefer compact and lightweight models. Many professional and enthusiast photographers use them as sub cameras. We will continue to promote the EOS M-series cameras as a means of meeting diverse needs. " 
Canon interview: 'Development of compact devices supporting 8K is a very high priority': Digital Pho...

Thus, it would seem that Canon will hold the line, but likely not further develop the range and let time eat away at the market share.  As he intimated, Canon are still making good revenue from the range and they are not going to kill the fatted calf when the overall business is challenged for market share.

Certainly, I would not recommend starting to invest in the M-series unless one has a very specific need for what it offers.  However, if one has an investment in M-series gear already and needs a replacement, then there is an argument to consider getting that instead of paying to change platforms.  A lot of the M-series users have no need or desire to upgrade to the larger and more expensive R-series, or the DSLR market.   That is particularly true in Asian countries where, according to their market share charts, Canon make the majority of M-series sales.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Dear sir 

Atlist create an adupter  for the rf lenses 

Besides not everyone has the ability to buy the rf camera or lense you guys should create more lense options on efm mount 

Don't stop it just keep improvise it same as rf cameras 

There is no physical possibility to create and EF-M to RF lens adapter or the reverse, and Canon have no incentive to do so.  You are flogging a dead horse.  If you want better optics for your M-series bodies, I would suggest getting the EF to EF-M adapter. There are some brilliant EF and EF-S lenses that will work with your M-series body.

What precisely is the issue with the EF-M lenses you have?  What are you shooting and trying to produce?

cheers, TREVOR

@Tronhard wrote:

There is no physical possibility to create and EF-M to RF lens adapter, and Canon have no incentive to do so. 

It is possible if the adapter included optics, which is NOT a good thing.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Actually, if you include the full quote, you get my full message:

"There is no physical possibility to create and EF-M to RF lens adapter or the reverse, and Canon have no incentive to do so": given that one of the main benefits of the RF lens model is the increased number of contacts  on the lens and body to control the lens and provide an interface for OS and IBIS, and for other lens controls like the control ring. Since those contacts are not available on EF, EF-S and EF-M bodies it would cripple an RF optic if someone did create an adapter. 
Canon would not put the effort into creating something that undermined the gear and there is no commercial reason to do so either.

cheers, TREVOR

Atlist create an adupter  for the rf lenses”

My reply was directed at your response to this comment..

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements