cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Use of lens mount adapter EF to Pentax K

RichardZ
Enthusiast

Are there any issues in using an adapter so I can use my Pentax K lenses on my T100 in all manual mode?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@RichardZ wrote:

When you say "without a lens attached"  I assume you mean one that is electronically compatible with Canon?  I can figure this out in all manual mode....just don't want to damage the camera...which is my concern...

It won't damage the camera. Back in film EOS days the camera would display f00. Not sure what displays now. 

I used to use a fixed aperture 500mm mirror lens. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

kvbarkley
VIP
VIP

I don't see that the T100 has the option to shoot without a lens attached, only with no card.

I don't believe you need to enable shooting without a lens on the T100 or 3000D. That seems to only apply to mirrorless cameras. Any DSLR I have ever used will always shoot without a lens attached. 

Mike Sowsun

When you say "without a lens attached"  I assume you mean one that is electronically compatible with Canon?  I can figure this out in all manual mode....just don't want to damage the camera...which is my concern...

@RichardZ wrote:

It won't damage the camera. Back in film EOS days the camera would display f00. Not sure what displays now. 

I used to use a fixed aperture 500mm mirror lens. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

Thanks for the information.  My Pentax K100D died and I have several k mount lenses and am not afraid to use the manual mode. 

It works!  I can use my lenses...   It does show F00.  I shot three pictures using manual mode and my Kiron zoom and they came out fine.  Thanks again for the assistance. 

"...they came out fine."

How about posting a sample or two of "fine" ? I have never been impressed with the old lenses vs even the cheapest new lenses.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements