cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tokina EF Lens Compatibility with EOS R6 Mark II

stcapp1426
Contributor

I am planning to buy this camera but would like to know if it's compatible with the Tokina atx-i 100mm f/2.8 FF Macro Lens for Canon EF that I already own. I know some non-Canon EF lenses won't work with the new mirrorless cameras. Does anyone know about this particular lens? Overall, I like the lens - it suits my hobbyist needs. Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

If you plan to use other Canon EF lenses, then just buy the Canon mount adapter and try it. 

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

View solution in original post

22 REPLIES 22

Yes that's what I'm hoping. I may even go ahead and buy both the camera and the lens at the same time if I can find that deal and sell the Tokina. Now that I have a bit of experience, there are a few things I don't like about the Tokina...

justadude
Rising Star
Rising Star

I can't speak for the Tokina lens, and I am not certain by what you mean as "working".  I own the R6Mkii, have a Canon EF lens adapter, and every EF lens I own (and borrowed) has worked on this, and on my old Canon RP.  

In addition, I am a film shooter, and own a few dozen old film lenses.  With the proper mount (for example a $10 M42 to EF adapter) I can mount these to the R6Mkii and they all work - but with manual settings.  I set the aperture on the lens, I adjust the focus.  Nothing automatic about them, but they "work" exceptionally well.  

Gary

Digital: Canon R6 Mk ll, R8, RP, 60D, various RF, EF, and Rokinon lenses
Film: (still using) Pentax Spotmatic, Pentax K1000, Pentax K2000, Miranda DR, Zenit 12XP, Kodak Retina Automatic II, Kodak Duaflex III, and various lenses

Thank you. What I meant by "working" is whether it would still autofocus if I wanted it to. And it does. I bought the R6m2 with the EF mount adapter about a month ago and immediately tested the Tokina. Very glad I don't have to buy another macro lens! 

click here to view the gallery
Announcements