cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary Source on a Lens Hood for the new Canon RF 100-500mm?

bobhowdy
Enthusiast

I cannot get a lens hood for ithe new Canon RF 100-500mm lens (backordered). According to a phone call with CPS they have no idea when these will be in stock anywhere. But they do know that there 100's on backorder just in the United States alone.

I am looking for an option, more for lens glass protection that flare, etc.

Thank you any suggestions / help

Bob Howdeshell
Life has an expiration date
Canon R3, Canon R5 (2), several Canon lenses and a couple of Sigma lenses
6 REPLIES 6

Are you saying the lens is on backorder or the hood? B&H says it comes with a hood, although the Canon Store doesn't mention it. If your lens is on backorder, it more than likely will come with a hood and case. I have never bought an "L" lens, from the Canon Store, that didn't come with a hood. Curious 🙂

Newton

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

I already have the lens, the hood for this lens is now on an undetermined backorder. The hood does not come with this lens, it is a $95.00 addtional cost extra.

Canon Site Page 

Bob Howdeshell

Not sure why you didn't get one, but the Canon USA site plainly says it comes with a hood. I'll also point out the one the site, listed as accesories, that $95 hood shown is the wrong one, correct model, but wrong hood and links to a different lens,

Lens Hood Included

EOS R5, R6, R6II. RF 15-35 f/2.8L, 50mm f/1.2L, 85mm f/1.2L, 100mm f/2.8L Macro, 100-400mm, 100-500mm L, 1.4X.

You should have received the hood with the lens. I would contact the seller.

This is from a review: "Standard is for the lens hood to be included in the box with Canon L-series lenses. The RF 100-500 comes with the white color matching ET-83F (WIII) lens hood, the same hood included with the RF 70-200, in the box."

If you still need to purchase one, B&H Photo has them in stock. 

E1508946-E5D0-451F-9713-A9401B8A3359.jpeg

Mike Sowsun

I love piling on:

Ken Rockwell says it is included, too:

https://www.kenrockwell.com/canon/eos-r/lenses/100-500mm.htm#hood

Thanks for the help everyone!

Bob Howdeshell
Announcements