cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nisi circular filters

yeqibobe
Apprentice

How good are Nisi circular filters? I have used only B + W up to this point. I wanted to try Breakthrough Photography filters, but Breakthrough Photography appears to have severe manufacturing problems in terms of long delays on most products.

So how good are Nisi filters and Nisi customer support?

6 REPLIES 6

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Is there something wrong with the B+W filters?  If they get the job done, then why spend money duplicating them?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Also echo Waddizle's question.  I have only used B+W CPLs.  I also invested a bit extra for the low-transmission versions which I really like since it lessens the light loss and I think there's only a half-stop difference between the "minimum" and "maximum" effects.

--
Ricky

Camera: EOS 5D IV, EF 50mm f/1.2L, EF 135mm f/2L
Lighting: Profoto Lights & Modifiers

@Waddizzle wrote:

Is there something wrong with the B+W filters?  If they get the job done, then why spend money duplicating them?

Maybe the OP isn't duplicating what he has but looking to buy filters for new lenses. 

B+W filters are very good but that doesn't mean that other products may be very good as well. 

John Hoffman
Conway, NH

1D X Mark III, Many lenses, Pixma PRO-100, Pixma TR8620a, LR Classic

@jrhoffman75 wrote:

@Waddizzle wrote:

Maybe the OP isn't duplicating what he has but looking to buy filters for new lenses. 

B+W filters are very good but that doesn't mean that other products may be very good as well. 

Yes, of course.  That is why I asked a question, instead of giving out advice.  Why the switch to a different brand?

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Never used one because I have no reason to not use B+W filters. (of any kind!)

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!

Ray-uk
Whiz

I have never tried them but the couple of reviews I have read have rated them as some of the best quality filters available although after looking at the price of them I would expect them to be.

National Parks Week Sweepstakes style=

Enter for a chance to win!

April 20th-28th
Announcements