cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF70-200 2.8 Incorrect Firmware for My Region

dharge
Apprentice

I inadvertently installed the European firmware on my US RF70-200 2.8. Is the European firmware different?

3 REPLIES 3

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

I live outside the US, in Oceania, and over the year I have downloaded firmware from the US, Europe etc. and found no disfunction in my gear from doing so.  If you have downloaded it, I would simply suggest using the camera as intended and seeing if there are any changes to its operation that don't look appropriate.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

@dharge wrote:

I inadvertently installed the European firmware on my US RF70-200 2.8. Is the European firmware different?

Probably, not.  It is not like the lens has a menu system like a camera body would, where language could become a factor.  Imagine resetting the camera back to factory defaults and the language changed in the menus.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."

Peter
Authority
Authority

Canon firmwares are the same world wide. You can check yourself for example with sha256 checksum.

Language restriction in camera is a hidden on/off feature.

Announcements