cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM wait times

Lakem0310
Contributor

Hi guys, I just ordered the canon rf 200-800 today and am super excited for it, my worry is about the order times, I have a roadtrip next month that I want the lens for and am nervous it would get here in time, anyone have reassurance or recommendations? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Lakem0310

B and H is closed for the Memorial Day weekend and they won't start processing your order untill Tuesday 5-28-24.  When they start processing your order they'll send you an email with the eta. (estimated time of arrival).. You can also call them on Tuesday 5-28 and ask them to expedite. Did you request express shipping ?  You still have other options, you can cxl the order and reorder from Amazon as they can deliver orders the very next day and they give you eta before you make the order.  B and H works with Amazom and you'll see the following: 

Sold by: B and H

Shipped by:  Amazon

So technically you're still buying it from B and H.  Or you ou can buy it from Amazon directly (Amazon is an official canon distributor) and it will read

Sold by:  Amazon

Shipped by: Amazon

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams

View solution in original post

38 REPLIES 38

czarortho
Apprentice

Ordered from Canon online on February 1st and received it June 19th. Also ordered it from two camera stores at the same time and those were still pending so I cancelled those.

djclow
Apprentice

Just a heads up.  I ordered my RF 200-800 on December 18, 2023 and got it his afternoon.  It was ordered from B&H.  Have no idea if more are being produced to fulfill all the back orders, but you might want to go to Plan B if you want it for your vacation.

I ordered from B&H on June 28, looks like maybe I’ll get it for a late Christmas present.  I’ve got the “we don’t know when it’s coming “ email a couple of times now.

March411
Rising Star

Spoke to a local retailer that is an authorized dealer and they said it's basically a mess. They get little to no information from Canon and have heard through the rumor mill that it is a production issue within Canon manufacturing. What bothers me the most is Canon and supporting retailers continue to market and sell into back-order more lenses while they are having a sustainable long term issue since Nov 2023 with production/fulfillment.  

No trees were destroyed in the posting of this message. However, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Marc
Windy City

R3 ~ R5 ~ R6 Mk II ~ R50
Adobe and Topaz Suite for post processing
My Online Gallery

ILLUSTRATIVEMAN
Contributor

6 months seems like the most common wait time.  I ordered mine November 2023 and received it on May 2024.

TomRamsey
Enthusiast

I ordered from B&H on June 28 and just got an email that it has shipped and will arrive Wednesday (9/18).  That's under three months, so I guess they are catching up some.  I can't wait!

Great news Tom 👏  I was going to order one from B&C, but I don't like their policy of charging my cc account at the time of placing the order.  I don't mind them placing a pending charge and then charging my account at time of shipping.  They charge your account at time of placing the order not knowing if it will take 7 months or longer to ship so they actually use your money for 7 months and when you register your product the date of purchase will be the date you ordered it and not the date you received it.  B&C = Scamm...  Just my opinion

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

Um, they had not charged me until it was shipped.  I used their Payboo card so I could pay for it over a year w/o interest.  I just checked the account, the charge is pending now.  I ordered it the same time as my R6ii and some other accessories, they split the order and only charged what was shipped initially.

I called B&C by mistake and Dave told me that they actually will charge my cc at the time that I place the order and it is not a pending charge.   To bad cause they lost a customer.   I'll just wait till I come back and order it from B&H, Canon or from Amazon as they, like Canon will only place a pending charge until they actually ship the product and only after they ship it they will actually charge your account.  Imagine, purchasing from B&C, I would be paying interest and making payments for a product that I may receive in 4, 7 maybe even twelve months.  Not me 😆 my Mama didn't race a fool !  😆

In any case, I'm happy for you Tom, you got your lens before your September trip.  Great news 👏 👍 

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Thanks for posting Tom.  Good news for you.  

I ordered mine 9/1.  I have a while to go. 

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.7.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements