cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM wait times

Lakem0310
Contributor

Hi guys, I just ordered the canon rf 200-800 today and am super excited for it, my worry is about the order times, I have a roadtrip next month that I want the lens for and am nervous it would get here in time, anyone have reassurance or recommendations? Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi Lakem0310

B and H is closed for the Memorial Day weekend and they won't start processing your order untill Tuesday 5-28-24.  When they start processing your order they'll send you an email with the eta. (estimated time of arrival).. You can also call them on Tuesday 5-28 and ask them to expedite. Did you request express shipping ?  You still have other options, you can cxl the order and reorder from Amazon as they can deliver orders the very next day and they give you eta before you make the order.  B and H works with Amazom and you'll see the following: 

Sold by: B and H

Shipped by:  Amazon

So technically you're still buying it from B and H.  Or you ou can buy it from Amazon directly (Amazon is an official canon distributor) and it will read

Sold by:  Amazon

Shipped by: Amazon

I hope this helps you.

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

"A good photograph is knowing where to stand."
― Ansel Adams

"There is nothing worse than a sharp image of a fuzzy concept."
–- Ansel Adams

"You don’t take a photograph, you make it."
--- Ansel Adams

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

eBay.  Super risky purchase due to possibility of grey market.  Hope it works out.  Post some shots for us.

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

It was a super reputable source on ebay, its a company that sells put if ebay, but if course there is some risk. 

IMG_1221.jpeg

Nice Lakem0310, your all set for your trip with your new RF 200-800mm Lens.   I'm happy that you snagged one, congratulations !  Don't forget to test it out and display your pics in the Gallery  !  

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

@Lakem0310,

Curious, did you have to pay above retail for it?  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

I'm curious too !  I just looked at e-bay for RF 200-800mm and the prices were crazy high for new from $2548.00 to $3299.99 and $2430.00 for used.  Much much higher than canon's retail price.  

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams

Yeah it was 2300, so above retail but not too bad

ILLUSTRATIVEMAN
Contributor

I order mine Nov 30 2023. It arrived May 29. Hopefully they've got their supply chain issues fixed.

It appears that the supply chain still has challenges. I received an update from B&H this morning.

The following is still out of stock: Canon RF 200-800mm f/6.3-9 IS USM Lens

We will continue to try and secure stock to fulfill your order, however at this time we do not have an exact date on when we can fulfill it.
Want other product options? Our Sales experts may be able to assist in finding a comparable replacement product we have in stock.

I cancelled my order and may try again once Canon gets their collective acts together. This lens was released in Nov 23, even with high demand this is poor performance on Canons behalf.

Be a different person on the web, be kind, respectful and most of all be helpful!

90D ~ 5D Mark IV ~ R6 Mark II ~ R50 and way to many lenses
Photoshop and Topaz Suite for post processing
http://commonhangout.com/piwigo/

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

Thanks for the replies, guys.  I suspected there was above MSRP mark up happening on eBay.  I won't do business with people like this, but if you need something, its one way to get it I suppose.  I'm on "notify" only at B&H, so I have no place in line currently.

We are heading back to Europe in a couple of months, and I don't need a super-zoom for the trip.  My 100-500 will do.  I'll order when we get back and plan to wait it out.    😃

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~CarePaks Are Worth It

Have a good trip to Europe, we'll be going in September.   Stay in touch and have fun  !

Cheers,
Joe
Ancora Imparo

― Ansel Adams

–- Ansel Adams

--- Ansel Adams
click here to view the gallery
Announcements