cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF 24-70mm R5 f-stop problem

omuransky
Apprentice

Hi Guys, I'm have RF 24-70 mounted on R5, and I cannot change the aperture beyond f5.6 and f11 despite the fact that maximum f-stop should be f2.8, and the other limit should be f22. I tried Av, and M modes but neither let me change aperture outside of f5.6-11. What am I doing wrong?  Many thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

Under the "Customisation" menu, page 5, there's a setting "Set aperture range".  Check that it's not set to limit your aperture.

It's in the manual version 1.5.0 page 825.  I would say "just read the manual", but it's longer than Lord of the Rings...

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

AtticusLake
Mentor
Mentor

Under the "Customisation" menu, page 5, there's a setting "Set aperture range".  Check that it's not set to limit your aperture.

It's in the manual version 1.5.0 page 825.  I would say "just read the manual", but it's longer than Lord of the Rings...

Atticus, I'm with you.  The manual may be long, but one doesn't have to read the thing like a novel, just look it up...  I always download the PDF version (my hardcopy versions are still in their wrappers), that way I can do a word search.  It works well for me.

cheers, TREVOR

"The Amount of Misery expands to fill the space available"
"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

Thank you, that was it! The aperture range was there as default. Thank you.  

Waddizzle
Legend
Legend

Some shooting modes and camera settings may limit the range of exposures settings that are made available to you.  

One of the most least understood settings, speaking for myself, is the “Safety Shift” setting.  This setting can override what you want to do once you press the shutter.  I do understand how it works, but I dislike the surprise of experiencing revised exposure settings.

--------------------------------------------------------
"The right mouse button is your friend."
Announcements