cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Canon T6i Freezing up

GKPhotography
Apprentice

Sometime after I have used my Canon T6i for a period of time, my ISO, Amperture and FStop will stop chaning.  Turn Camera of and then back on sometime will correct the problem. Other times i have to wait

Please advise

2 REPLIES 2

Stephen

Hello, GKPHotography!

Welcome to the Canon Community! So we can help you best, we'll need a little more info. Which lens are you using, which mode are you shooting in on top mode dial (Auto, P, Tv, Av, M, CA, or other), what are your shooting conditions (outdoors well-lit, indoors low-light, studio lighting, etc. 

Any other details you think that could provide insight will help the community help you.

The Forums aren't intended for immediate assistance. If your question is of an urgent nature, please call our US-based support team at 1-800-OK-CANON (800-652-2666) during normal business hours, or visit our support site for self-help options HERE.

If you're outside of the USA, please click HERE to find your support options. 

ebiggs1
Legend
Legend

Its time to eliminate the easy stuff first.  New battery perhaps even the charger.  Make sure they are real Canon batteries. Fully charged. A brand new SD card (no micro SD's) of known good quality exactly the one recommend in your manual. Reset the T6i to factory settings. Menus, tools, clear all settings and all custom settings, too.

Now give it a try. Works, Smiley Happy great, Still doesn't work, Smiley Sad call Canon.

EB
EOS 1DX and 1D Mk IV and less lenses then before!
Announcements