cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RF 24-70 lens zoom ring is not smooth

wkf94025
Contributor

Bought this lens from B&H in late May.  Now > 30 days since purchase.  Shot a bunch of video with it this week, zooming in and out of the subject action (sport).  It's not smooth.  What would you do about that?   I haven't called B&H yet.

4 REPLIES 4

Tronhard
Elite
Elite

First call B& H and if they can't help you , contact Canon at 1-800-OK-Canon for tech support.  Your lens should be under warranty.

cheers, TREVOR

"All the variety, all the charm, all the beauty of life is made up of light and shadow", Leo Tolstoy;
"Skill in photography is acquired by practice and not by purchase" Percy W. Harris

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Hi,

What body are you shooting with?  I just purchased this lens also.  From B&H, same as you.  It's my first RF lens.  What isn't smooth about your zoom?  I'll try to compare it with mine.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Rick, the body is R5, new in April. Where in Bay Area are you? I am in Menlo Park. 

shadowsports
Legend
Legend

Greetings,

I'm in Pacifica.  My R5 C is also a recent purchase.  It arrived in early June.  

~Rick
Bay Area - CA

~R5 C (1.0.6.1) ~RF Trinity, ~RF 100 Macro, ~RF 100~400, ~RF 100~500, +RF 1.4x TC, +Canon Control Ring, BG-R10, 430EX III-RT ~DxO PhotoLab Elite ~DaVinci Resolve ~Windows11 Pro ~ImageClass MF644Cdw/MF656Cdw ~Pixel 8
~CarePaks Are Worth It

Announcements