RF 200-800 Shipping Date?

LaneW
Enthusiast

Any update on shipping date?

Canon R5, 80D. EF 100-400 ii, 1.4 ii TC. RF 800 F/11. RF 24-105 F/4
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Stephen

Hi there!

The product information for the RF200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM can be found on our site HERE.

It's still estimated to ship in mid-December:

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Stephen

Hi there!

The product information for the RF200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM can be found on our site HERE.

It's still estimated to ship in mid-December:

mdougc
Enthusiast

Today, Canon says this is on backorder. What is the latest estimate when they will ship?

The rumor is that there is a supply chain problem in Japan.

mDougC
Wildlife photographer - EOS R, R5 many lenses, LR Classic, Topaz, necessary gadgets

Backorder means we've sold out of the amount anticipated to be available upon launch. We will continue manufacturing more and ship them as they come off the line.

You'll see the most up-to-date shipping information available in your My Canon Account at https://canon.us/account 

as of Friday, Dec. 15th, retailers were surprised that their initial stocking orders did not arrive for this item. Others were surprised that our pre-orders did not ship.

It is a shame that Canon is not providing helpful guidance on this issue. I will proceed to find another gift to put under the tree.

mDougC
Wildlife photographer - EOS R, R5 many lenses, LR Classic, Topaz, necessary gadgets

Canon.UK is estimating ship date of January 4th. What do they know that Canon.USA doesn't?

Buy Canon RF 200-800mm F6.3-9 IS USM Lens — Canon UK Store

mDougC

pudiro
Apprentice

RF 200-800 Shipping Date?

Please follow up with our Sales Team for updates, as we do not have Sales members on the Canon Community. 1-800-385-2155 Monday to Saturday 9am to 9pm ET, excluding holidays.

Thanks!

flyingron
Contributor

My lens ordered mid-November just shipped!

Announcements